- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken drumsticks
- 1 small yellow onion, roughly chopped
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground cardamom
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp paprika
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- rind and juice of 2 oranges
- rind and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tbsp honey
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Wash, trim, and dry all the chicken.
- In a food processor, blend the onion, cinnamon, cardamom, turmeric, paprika, and olive oil until relatively smooth. Toss the onion spice mixture with the chicken and rub it under the skin of the chicken.
- Arrange the chicken on a roasting pan and season with salt and pepper. Roast in preheated oven for 45 minutes.
- While the chicken is roasting, bring the chicken stock and honey to a simmer. Add the fruit rinds and let simmer for ten minutes or until the rinds are soft. Remove from heat and add the citrus juices. When the chicken has roasted for 45 minutes, remove from oven and pour citrus sauce over the chicken. Return to the oven for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until the chicken is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and baste with the sauce and juices at the bottom of the roasting pan. Serve with rice and roasted veggies.
Easy Related Posts
Chicken Adobo Sa Gata Recipe
Adobong Manok sa Gata is a version of Filipino Chicken Adobo that includes coconut milk. ...read more
Homemade Max Style Fried Chicken
https://youtu.be/RFNTWQcDjU0 Ingredients: 1 whole of Chicken 10 pcs. Calamansi 5 stem of Lemon grass 1 pc ...read more
https://youtu.be/r3RBrnSQ80Y Ingredients. Chicken wings cut into half. Flour for breadings 2 pcs calamansi 1 tbsp salt ...read more
How to Cook Original Filipino Chicken Adobo without Vinegar
https://youtu.be/7MwjGM0SpXw Ingredients ½ kilo of chicken ¼ cup soy sauce 3 pcs. Calamansi juice ½ cup ...read more