- 8 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves skinless, boneless chicken
- breast halves
- 1 quart buttermilk
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 cups vegetable oil for frying, or as needed
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 8 large eggs, beaten
- Place chicken breasts between two sheets of heavy plastic and pound chicken with the smooth side of a meat mallet to a thickness of 3/4 inch.
- Whisk buttermilk, shallots, garlic, 2 tablespoons salt, sugar, cumin, and pepper in a bowl; transfer mixture to a resealable plastic bag. Add chicken breasts, coat with the marinade, squeeze out excess air, and seal the bag. Marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
- Fill a large skillet with about 2 inches of vegetable oil and heat over medium heat.
- Remove chicken from the marinade and shake off excess. Pat chicken dry with a paper towel. Discard the remaining marinade.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and 2 teaspoons salt together in a shallow bowl. Press chicken breasts one at a time into flour mixture until lightly coated. Dip coated chicken into beaten eggs, then press into flour mixture again to coat; shake off excess flour.
- Fry chicken breasts in batches in preheated oil until chicken is golden brown and no longer pink in the center, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Drain on a paper towel-lined platter and repeat with remaining chicken.
Easy Related Posts
Chicken Adobo Sa Gata Recipe
Adobong Manok sa Gata is a version of Filipino Chicken Adobo that includes coconut milk. ...read more
Homemade Max Style Fried Chicken
https://youtu.be/RFNTWQcDjU0 Ingredients: 1 whole of Chicken 10 pcs. Calamansi 5 stem of Lemon grass 1 pc ...read more
https://youtu.be/r3RBrnSQ80Y Ingredients. Chicken wings cut into half. Flour for breadings 2 pcs calamansi 1 tbsp salt ...read more
How to Cook Original Filipino Chicken Adobo without Vinegar
https://youtu.be/7MwjGM0SpXw Ingredients ½ kilo of chicken ¼ cup soy sauce 3 pcs. Calamansi juice ½ cup ...read more