- 3 tablespoons of pan drippings with bits and pieces
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- Kosher Salt and Fresh ground Pepper
- After you fry your steaks drain all remaining oil retaining 3-4 tablespoons to make a Roux, retain some of the bits and pieces from the bottom of the pan.
- Whisk the flour into the oil and cook over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Whisk in milk a little at a time.
- Return to medium-high heat and stir until gravy starts to thicken.
- Make sure to scrape the bits off the bottom as you are stirring
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 1 1/2 – 2 pounds cubed steaks
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- Oil for frying
- Preheat oven to 200°- 250°F (your lowest oven setting)
- Beat eggs and milk in a pie pan, set aside
- In another pie pan mix all dry ingredients together
- Season the meat with salt and pepper
- Dredge in flour, shake off excess
- Dredge in egg, shake off excess
- Dredge in flour again, shake off excess
- Place on a plate or baking pan and allow to rest for 15 to 20 minutes before cooking.
- Heat enough oil to cover the bottom of a 12 inch cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Sprinkle a couple of drops of water into oil, if water pops the oil is ready to fry. *Place a couple of pieces of meat in skillet, cook approximately 3-5 minutes per side or until golden brown
- Remove from oil, place on a wire rack set on a baking pan, place in pre-heated oven to keep warm until all meat is cooked
- Top with gravy and serve
Easy Related Posts
PPT (Pork, Potato And Tomato) Recipe
Are you looking for an easy weeknight dinner ideas? Pork and Potato stew is a ...read more
Nilagang Tinolang Manok
https://youtu.be/HlgPpNB3VHk Ingredients: Manok Papaya or Sayote Patatas Pechay Malunggay Patis Bawang Sibuyas Asin, Paminta at magic ...read more
Lumpiang Shanghai Recipe
https://youtu.be/Z2cH4bmE-os Ingredients ½ kg ground pork 1 pc carrot 1 pc onion diced 5 cloves garlic ...read more
How to Make Marikina Everlasting/Hardinera (Marikina Style Meatloaf)
https://youtu.be/zz9pmyOpV3Y Ingredients 2 tablespoons canola oil 3 hot dogs, sliced thinly 1 onion, peeled and chopped ...read more