- 2 lbs ground pork
- 12 ounces crab meat
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 medium sweet onion, minced
- 1 cup minced carrots
- 1 pack won ton wrapper
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- Cooking oil spray
- 5 cups water (for steaming)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the pork and crab meat. Mix well using a spatula or long wooden spoon.
- Add the sesame oil, egg, salt, pepper, onions, and carrots. Continue to mix until all the ingredients are properly incorporated. You can even mix using your hand if you feel comfortable doing this.
- Scoop around 1 to 1½ teaspoon of mixture and place at the middle of a wonton wrapper.
- Fold the wonton wrapper to cover all the sides. Make sure that you leave the top open. Do this step until you are down with the last shumai. If you need more guidance on this step, this pork siomai recipe cooking video might be helpful.
- Spray cooking oil on the base of a bamboo or metal steamer to avoid the shumai from sticking. I use Pam cooking oil spray all the time, but feel free to use whatever brand suits you. If you do not have a cooking oil spray around, you can spread about a tablespoon of cooking oil using a paper towel.
- Arrange the shumai on steamer. Make sure that you leave a little space in between each piece to prevent the shumai from sticking to each other.
- Pour the water into the steamer and let boil.
- Steam the crab and pork shumai for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove from the steamer and serve with ponzu or soy sauce and a lemon dip.
Source: Philippines Food Recipes
Easy Related Posts
PPT (Pork, Potato And Tomato) Recipe
Are you looking for an easy weeknight dinner ideas? Pork and Potato stew is a ...read more
How to Make Marikina Everlasting/Hardinera (Marikina Style Meatloaf)
https://youtu.be/zz9pmyOpV3Y Ingredients 2 tablespoons canola oil 3 hot dogs, sliced thinly 1 onion, peeled and chopped ...read more
Pork Sisig (Sour And Spicy Chopped Pork Belly, Ears And Liver) Recipe
Pork sisig is a popular Filipino dish. It can be considered as a main dish ...read more
Easy step to make Filipino Favorite Humba
Ingredients: 2 lb. bone-in pork belly (the cut of pork should be part lean meat, ...read more