- 1/2 cup Honey
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame seed oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar or rice wine vinegar
- pinch of red pepper flakes, if wanted
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 large chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 lbs), cut into 1 1/2″ pieces
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- Canola oil, for frying (2″ of oil in a skillet)
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add the honey, soy sauce, water, sesame oil, red pepper flakes (if using) and vinegar. Whisk and bring to a boil. In a separate bowl stir together the cornstarch and water. Once the mixture is boiling, while continuing to whisk, slowly add the cornstarch mixture. Bring back to a boil and then turn down to simmer (low heat) for 10 minutes.
- If you are still frying your chicken, just leave the sauce on the low heat to keep it warm. If it starts to get too thick just add water, 1 tablespoon at a time. Don’t thin it out too much. It should be a thick sauce but not heavy thick.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a deep skillet pan oven over medium high heat (I do a 6 on my stove top). In a dish, mix the flour and spices. Toss the chicken (about 15 pieces at a time) in the flour, then the buttermilk and then back into the flour. Once the oil is hot cook the chicken, turning occasionally until golden and cooked through, about 5-7 minutes. Drain on a paper towel lined plate.
- Once all chicken batches are done put the chicken into a mixing bowl. Pour the sauce over the chicken and gently toss together until all the chicken pieces are coated.
- Serve over white or brown rice
Easy Related Posts
Homemade Max Style Fried Chicken
https://youtu.be/RFNTWQcDjU0 Ingredients: 1 whole of Chicken 10 pcs. Calamansi 5 stem of Lemon grass 1 pc ...read more
Homemade Chicken Inasal
https://youtu.be/P71kkdbOrw8 Ingredients. 1 kg of chicken (leg and thigh, wings) 1/4 cup ketchup ¼ cup soy ...read more
How to Cook Original Filipino Chicken Adobo without Vinegar
https://youtu.be/7MwjGM0SpXw Ingredients ½ kilo of chicken ¼ cup soy sauce 3 pcs. Calamansi juice ½ cup ...read more
Special Arroz Caldo
https://youtu.be/Gs9h5-O2rPs Ingredients: Chicken meat 1 1/2 cup Rice 1 pc onion 5 cloves garlic 2 thumbs ...read more