Kangkong is a semi-aquatic plant mostly found in the tropics and cultivated as food for its tender shoots and leaves. You’ve tried it in sinigang, adobo, and even in bagoong. Want a new way to trick your kids into eating a veggie? Make it crispy and irresistible!
Fried with breading and seasoning, this dish will surely make lunch or dinner fun for your family. Or if you want a healthy snack, you can eat this like chips. Try this quick and easy Crispy Kangkong recipe now!
- 4 bunches kangkong leaves, cleaned
- 3 cups corn starch
- 5 cups cooking oil
- Salt and monosodium glutamate (MSG/ Vetsin) to taste
- 1-1/2 cup water
- 1 cup flour
- 1 pc boiled egg, grated medium
- Clean kangkong and draw off leaves thoroughly.
- Remove leaves from stem. Set aside.
- Combine cornstarch, flour, egg, MSG, salt and water (batter mixture) in a clean mixing bowl. Mix until smooth in consistency.
- Heat oil to 250°F and reduce fire to medium. Dip kangkong leaves one by one in batter and deep fry until crispy.
- Put fried leaves in a plate lined with table tissue to drain oil from kangkong leaves. Serve with sauce on the side.
Source: Philippine Country
Easy Related Posts
Ginisang Sayote Recipe
https://youtu.be/hjAd55MrcEc Ingredients 2 pcs sayote ( julienne cut) 1 pc small carrot ( julienne cut) 2 ...read more
Stir Fry Okra with Salted Eggs Recipe
https://youtu.be/by1ND-ViVuw Ingredients 3 bundle of okra 1 salted egg 3 clove garlic ½ tsp. Salt and ...read more
Potato Salad Recipe
https://youtu.be/MqplGPOIf3k Ingredients Homemade Mayo Mustard Dressing (see recipes) ½ kg Potato (cut into bite size and ...read more
How to Make HOMEMADE Potato Mojos ala SHAKEYS MOJOS
https://youtu.be/zRi1MFbyYqU Ingredients 3 pcs Potato ( carefully wash and cut 1 inch thickness) 1½ pack of ...read more