- 2 chicken breast (1 lb), sliced
- 1 egg white
- 1-1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- oil for frying
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
For the lemon sauce
- 2/3 cup chicken stock
- 4 tablespoon Korean lemon syrup and 8-10 lemon slices * (see the note)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3-4 fresh lemon slices, optional
- 1 tablespoon oil
For the coating
- 4 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Beat the egg white until very foamy in a mixing bowl, add the soy sauce, ginger, sesame oil, and the chicken breast slices. Mix well and set aside for 10 minutes.
- To make the lemon sauce, combine all the ingredients except the oil and sesame seeds. If you prefer more tarty flavor, add the fresh lemon slices to the sauce.
- Heat the oil to reach at 175˚C.
- Mix cornstarch with the baking powder in a shallow bowl. Coat the chicken lightly with the cornstarch mixture.
- Drop the chicken pieces into a hot oil and fry for 2 minutes. Do this in several batches. Once the entire batches are fried, repeat the frying again to get the crispier coating.
- In another skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over high heat until very hot. Pour the sauce mixture. It will bubble immediately. Let the sauce to thicken, about 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken pieces to the sauce and coat them evenly. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and serve hot with rice.
- If you don’t have the Korean lemon syrup, use following for the lemon sauce:1/2 cup chicken stock + 1 tbsp lemon zest + 3 tbsp lemon juice + 3 tbsp sugar + 1 tbsp honey + 1-1/2 tbsp cornstarch.
Easy Related Posts
Chicken Adobo Sa Gata Recipe
Adobong Manok sa Gata is a version of Filipino Chicken Adobo that includes coconut milk. ...read more
Homemade Max Style Fried Chicken
https://youtu.be/RFNTWQcDjU0 Ingredients: 1 whole of Chicken 10 pcs. Calamansi 5 stem of Lemon grass 1 pc ...read more
https://youtu.be/r3RBrnSQ80Y Ingredients. Chicken wings cut into half. Flour for breadings 2 pcs calamansi 1 tbsp salt ...read more
How to Cook Original Filipino Chicken Adobo without Vinegar
https://youtu.be/7MwjGM0SpXw Ingredients ½ kilo of chicken ¼ cup soy sauce 3 pcs. Calamansi juice ½ cup ...read more