- 1lb pork belly
- 1 tsp Dry Ginger Powder
- 1 tsp Five Spice Powder
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- Wash the meat under cold water.
- Immerse the pork belly meat in a pot of water and boil for about 15 minutes on medium heat.
- Take away the pork and rest it in a strainer to let it dry for about 15 minutes. You may take the additional step of patting the pork belly skin dried up with a paper towel for extra crispy skin.
- Poke the pork with a knife a few times and rub the spices and salt on the flesh only (not the skin). We suggest layering the spices in the following order: 5 spice powder, spiced ginger powder, white pepper and salt.
- Let it cure for 1 hour, though over night is better for a deeper flavor.
- In a oven or a large cast iron pan, fill up it with oil sufficient to cover the skin of the pork belly. Stay away from using olive oil since it has a short smoking point. You can put the pork belly in pan while the oil is still cold to prevent splatter. WARNING!!! The pork will splash a lot, so it is better to use an oven with a heavy lid or use a splash screen to place over your frying pan.
- Fry the skin side first for roughly 5 mins or until golden brown and crispy, turn it on the side and fry it only for a min or two, repeat on all sides (it is best not to fry it on the flesh side for too long as it will toughen the meat) Frying is a skill learned over time, so if the skin is burnt, you can scratch it off with a kitchen knife.
- Let it rest until cool to the feel and cut into large slices.
Recipe Source here
Easy Related Posts
Crispy Pata with Special Sauce
https://youtu.be/_b_A8pMRD90 Ingredients. 1 Whole Pork Leg/ Pata 2 pcs. Slice Onion 7 cloves of Slice Garlic ...read more
Homemade Pork Tapa with Costing /Negosyo Recipe
https://youtu.be/pRFun8dFh_o Costing: Pork = 250/kg Lomo Part Bawang = 5 php Suka = 3 php Toyo ...read more
Homemade Tocino/ Negosyo Recipe with Costing
https://youtu.be/n3M7-ogaNUo Ingredients: 1 Kilo of Pork Loin/Lomo Few of Red food Coloring 1/2 Cup Brown ...read more
How to Make Lumpiang Shanghai/Negosyo Recipes
https://youtu.be/EaM236WSOUo Ingredients: 1 kilo of Ground Pork 100 pcs. Lumpia wrapper 2 pcs. Carrot 2 pcs. ...read more