Skip to content
Go to Header Section
- 2 lbs ground beef
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 can mushrooms, stems and pieces
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup, condensed
- 1 egg
- ¼ c seasoned breadcrumbs1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 packet onion soup mix
- 1 packet brown gravy mix
- 1 C water
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- In a bowl, mix the beef, egg, breadcrumbs, garlic powder, onion soup mix, and onions. Mix together until incorporated.
- Measure the mixture in ½ C amounts, and form into patties. Fry in a pan until browned on both sides.
- Carefully stack in the slow cooker. In a container, mix the gravy mix, water and mushrooms. Pour on top of the patties and cover.
- Cook on low for 5 – 6 hours.
- After cook time is complete, remove the patties from the cooker, and make a slurry of the cornstarch with 1 tbsp of water. Pour into the cooker and mix well.
- Return patties to the mixture and cook for an extra ½ hour for the sauce to thicken.