- 1 cup glutinous rice (malagkit)
- 2 cups ordinary rice
- 3 cups ordinary rice
- 3 cups cold water
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 tsps.lye solution
- Yellow food coloring
- Grated coconut
- Combine the malagkit and ordinary rice. Soak in water for 2 hours.
- Drain the rice and add cold water, grind into a smooth paste.
- Add boiling water to the mixture to thicken it.
- Blend in the sugar and the lye solution.
- Divide the ground rice into 2 portions.
- Place one portions in a molder lined with cheese cloth and steam.
- Meanwhile, add yellow food color to the remaining portion. Pour this on top the steamed first portion to create a colored layer. Steam some more until the top portion is cooked.
- When cooked, serve with grated coconut.
Easy Related Posts
Easy Macapuno Tarts Recipe
Tarts are typically free-standing with firm pastry base consisting of dough, itself made of flour, ...read more
Buttered Shrimp Recipe
Butter is a much more delicious fat to use when cooking something as simple as ...read more
Chicken Adobo Sa Gata Recipe
Adobong Manok sa Gata is a version of Filipino Chicken Adobo that includes coconut milk. ...read more
Original style of Ilocos Empanada (Negosyo Recipe)
https://youtu.be/lzwS2exKiE4 Ingredients: Empanada Dough 2 cups of rice flour 1 cup water 2 tbsp atsuete seeds ...read more