- 1½ Lbs. of Pork belly (pork butt is fine)
- 10 oz. of Edible pork blood (Orientex)
- 2 Cups of Chicken stock (water is fine)
- 1 Cup of Vinegar (Datu-puti)
- 3 Tbs. Fish Sauce (Rufina)
- 4 Cloves of garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1 Medium onion sliced thinly
- 1 Bay leaf (Laurel leaf)
- 4 Pcs. Finger peppers
- ½ Tbs. Ground black pepper
- 1 Tsp. Msg (Aji-no-Moto)
- ½ Tbs. Kosher salt
- Oil for sauteing
- Prepare pork blood by straining it and separating the blood that is in a jelly form in a separate bowl.
- Next add ¼ cup of water and break up the jellied blood with your hands and set aside.
- Slice pork into small bite sized pieces and set aside.
- Using a casserole dish, heat 1 Tbs. of corn oil, add the pork, and spread it evenly on the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Cover and let it cook on medium low heat for three minutes without stirring it.
- Remove cover, stir the pork, and drain the liquid accumulated.
- Add garlic and saute for one minute, then add the onions, stir, and cover.
- Let it cook for another minute.
- Next add fish sauce and bay leaf and saute for 3 minutes.
- Then add ½ cup of vinegar, cover, and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and let it simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and salt and let it simmer for five minutes.
- Add the jelly formed pork blood first, stir for about a minute, then add the rest of the pork blood and the finger peppers.
- Continue to stir for about two minutes, cover, and let simmer for another five minutes. Add another ½ cup of vinegar.
- Again cover and let it simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Adjust the taste by adding salt & pepper if needed.
- That’s it, you’re done. Serve with white rice, or Puto. Enjoy!
Source : Filipino Food Lovers
Easy Related Posts
PPT (Pork, Potato And Tomato) Recipe
Are you looking for an easy weeknight dinner ideas? Pork and Potato stew is a ...read more
Nilagang Tinolang Manok
https://youtu.be/HlgPpNB3VHk Ingredients: Manok Papaya or Sayote Patatas Pechay Malunggay Patis Bawang Sibuyas Asin, Paminta at magic ...read more
Lumpiang Shanghai Recipe
https://youtu.be/Z2cH4bmE-os Ingredients ½ kg ground pork 1 pc carrot 1 pc onion diced 5 cloves garlic ...read more
How to Make Marikina Everlasting/Hardinera (Marikina Style Meatloaf)
https://youtu.be/zz9pmyOpV3Y Ingredients 2 tablespoons canola oil 3 hot dogs, sliced thinly 1 onion, peeled and chopped ...read more