A Filipino dish which is spicy and appetizing made out of pork lungs and heart sautéed in tomatoes, chilies and onions. Don’t feel bad about the parts like the liver and brain, along with the ears and the face that could be left out, this is reserves for use in cooking Sisig. Originally, bopis is derived from the Spanish word Bopiz. This dish is commonly served as a pulutan or an appetizer, and is best eaten with alcoholic drinks. Though, bopis is served as a main or side dish and best eaten with steamed rice as well. Filipinos have different version of recipe, thus, there is no definite recipe for bopis. But still, there are certain ingredients that is basic, namely garlic, onions, soy sauce and sugar. Generally the ingredients includes sugar and green chili pepper.
- 1/2 kilo pork heart
- 1/2 kilo pork lungs
- 300g pork fat, skin on
- 7 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large red onion, minced
- 4 pcs bay leaves
- 1 large red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 tbsp siling labuyo or cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp annatto powder, dissolved in 3 tbsp stock
- 2 stalks lemongrass
- 1 knot pandan leaves
- 3 cups vinegar
- 1 cup pork stock fish sauce
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- canola oil
- green chili pepper for garnish
- 4-5 big bell peppers
- In large frying pan, add pork fat, heart and lungs, lemongrass, pandan leaves, 1 cup of vinegar, 1 tbsp salt and enough water to cover the meat.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove meat, let it cool then dice the meat finely. Set aside.
- In a heavy pan, heat oil and sauté garlic and onions. Add the chopped meat, cayenne pepper and bay leaves, stir fry for 3 minutes. 5. Add bell pepper, 1 cup of vinegar and stock, bring to a boil and simmer in high heat until sauce thickens.
- Add more vinegar if you want it more sour.
- Add annatto powder mixture then season with fish sauce and lots of freshly ground black pepper.
- Simmer for 2 minutes then place in big bell peppers and garnish with green chili pepper. Serve with hot rice.
Easy Related Posts
Sizzling Crispy Pork Sisig
https://youtu.be/2yfF_xdcPQ0 Ingredients ½ kilo Pork Face ( boiled and grilled) 1 pc red chili (labuyo) 1 ...read more
Crispy Pata with Special Sauce
https://youtu.be/_b_A8pMRD90 Ingredients. 1 Whole Pork Leg/ Pata 2 pcs. Slice Onion 7 cloves of Slice Garlic ...read more
Giniling na Menudo (Ground Pork Menudo)
https://youtu.be/SLi-zkK4iLE Ingredients: ½ kilo of Ground Pork 1 big Carrots (Slice dice) 1 big Potato ...read more
Homemade Tocino/ Negosyo Recipe with Costing
https://youtu.be/n3M7-ogaNUo Ingredients: 1 Kilo of Pork Loin/Lomo Few of Red food Coloring 1/2 Cup Brown ...read more