This is a familiar trip down memory lane for many of us in the Philippines, and is a tasty treat beloved by kids and adults alike. Remember the taste of grated cassava baked with the creamy mixture of condensed milk and coconut milk, served in slices from canteen stalls or on a plate for the afternoon’s merienda with coffee for the adults and juice for the kids? Cassava cake is simple to prepare in the kitchen and is made even more delightful here with the addition of macapuno strings to emphasize the coconut flavor and to give it a touch of sweetness.
Putting an egg yolk into the milk and macapuno mixture as a topping also allows it to set as a more custardy texture which only makes this amazing dessert even better. Serve it on its own, or topped with some grated coconut or latik!
For the cake:
- 2 packs (16 oz) grated cassava
- 1 can (14oz) condensed milk
- 1 can (13.5 oz) coconut milk
- 1 bottle (12 oz) macapuno strings (use only 1/2 bottle, the other 1/2 for topping)
For the topping:
- 1/2 can condensed milk
- 1/2 can evaporated milk or 1/2 can coconut milk
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 bottle macapuno strings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Prepare a baking pan and grease with butter. Set aside.
- Combine all cake ingredients in a deep bowl. Make sure every ingredients are well combined.
- Transfer to the greased baking tray.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Combine all topping ingredients in a bowl.
- Pour-in over to the top of the baked cassava.
- Bake for another 15-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Serve warm. Enjoy!
Easy Related Posts
Puto Cheese with Salted Eggs
https://youtu.be/L-8fQS2M8qI Ingredients: 2 cups Flour 1 cup Sugar 2 tbsp Baking powder 1 pc. Eggs 1 ...read more
How to Make PERFECT PUTO CHEESE ala GOLDILOCKS (Soft & Fluffy) | MASARAP at Pwedeng PANG-NEGOSYO!
https://youtu.be/lE0Ep3BtNUo Ingredients: • ½ kl allpurpose flour = 21.00 • 1 cup sugar = 8.00 • 2 1/2 tbsp ...read more
How to Make Original Puto Kutsinta Recipe
https://youtu.be/IJL-Th4qG6A Ingredients: 2 cups Cassava Flour 2 cups Flour 3 cups water 2 1/2 cups Brown ...read more
Milo Turon Recipe
https://youtu.be/u0DZPQtHx4g Ingredients: 5 – 10 pcs. Banana 1 Sachet Milo 10 – 20pcs. Lumpia Wrapper Oil ...read more