- 1/2 kilo of tuna fillets (or any fish that you may have on the refrigerator)
- 1 good-sized hand of ginger, peeled and sliced (this is to get rid of the unwanted smell)
- 1 head of garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 white onion, thinly sliced (or you could use red onion if you want it traditional)
- 5 green chili peppers, cut diagonally into 1/4-inch thick slices
- (you may not use this if you don’t want it to be spicy hot)
- 1 red or green bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups of vinegar (if you have suka’ng tuba, or coconut vinegar, then it is preferable)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 cup of kalamansi juice (lemon)
- 1 1/2 cup of kakang gata
- (coconut cream, you could discard with this if you don’t have any)
- Wash the fish well. Cut into one-inch cubes. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Place in a bowl and toss with the salt. Squeeze the juice from two lemons. Add the juice to the fish and mix well. Cover the bowl and allow the fish to marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Drain the fish, squeezing lightly. Place in a clean bowl. Squeeze the juice from the remaining lemon and add to the fish. Mix lightly. Add the grated garlic and ginger, chilis, pimiento strips and onion slices.
- Toss everything together. Pour in the coconut cream. Stir lightly. Top with the onion leaves and serve.
Source : Huni sa Daplin
Easy Related Posts
Adobong Bangus (Milkfish)
Adobong Bangus – Adobo (a Filipino dish simmered in vinegar and soy sauce) is a ...read more
Buttered Shrimp Recipe
Butter is a much more delicious fat to use when cooking something as simple as ...read more
Butter Garlic Spicy Squid Recipe
https://youtu.be/i0ZbV7SeCO0 Ingredients 1/2 kg squid (clean and cut) 100 grams. Butter 2 tbsp tomato paste ¼ ...read more
Sweet N Sour Fish Fillet
https://youtu.be/8k9GKvEPAaM Ingredients: 1kg Fish Fillet 1 cup flour 4 tbsp cassava flour oil for frying and ...read more