Your childhood is incomplete if you’ve never had mammon for breakfast of meryienda! Bakeshops that sell this soft, fluffy, and buttery pastry have them sold out in minutes after baking (don’t blame your Lola for making you run).
Now you can make your own mamon right at home! Make it for yourself, or bake batches for your OFW pals to ease the homesickness. Try this quick and Easy Mamon recipe now!
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 8 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup water
- 8 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- Preheat an oven to 325 degrees F and grease 16 muffin cups. Stir the flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt together in a large bowl. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and add the oil, egg yolks, grated orange peel, vanilla extract, orange juice, and water. Mix well by until no lumps.
- Beat the egg whites with the cream of tartar until foamy in a large glass or metal mixing bowl. Gradually add the 1/2 cup sugar, continuing to beat until soft peaks form. Lift your beater or whisk straight up: the egg whites will form soft mounds rather than a sharp peak. Fold the flour mixture into the egg whites. Pour the resulting batter into the prepared muffin cups to about 2/3 full.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 35-40 minutes. Cool in the pans for 10-15 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
Source : Easy Dessert Recipes
Easy Related Posts
Homemade Tuna Cheesy Pie Using Tasty Bread
https://youtu.be/ZVgWKDvn6dU Ingredients: 1 can of Tuna 2 pcs Eggs 1 cup of Breadcrumbs 5 – ...read more
How to Make Steam Yema Cake/Negosyo Recipes
https://youtu.be/6_WZydrb3UA Ingredients: 2 cups Flour 4 tbsp. Sugar 2 tbsp. Baking powder 1 tbsp. Oil ...read more
How to Cook Canton Bihon Recipe
https://youtu.be/QiOMyu2CKOc Ingredients: ½ kilo pancit bihon ½ Canton Noodles / Egg Noodles ¼ kilo Chicken Strips ...read more
How to Make Original Puto Kutsinta Recipe
https://youtu.be/IJL-Th4qG6A Ingredients: 2 cups Cassava Flour 2 cups Flour 3 cups water 2 1/2 cups Brown ...read more