- 1 – 1/2 cups grated cassava
food coloring (optional)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 bundle of pandan leaves,boiled in 2 cups water until reduced to one cup, and cooled (or canned pandan concentrate, or a few drops of pandan essence in a cup of warm water)
- 1/2 tsp lye water (lihiya)
grated coconut for topping
- Mix the sugar and the pandan flavored water and mix until sugar is dissolved. mix in the cassava and then add the lye water drop by drop mixing well as you do so.
- Pour into a mold or bowl that fits your bamboo steamer. steam until the mixture becomes translucent.
- While still hot scoop out the cooked mixture (use ice cream scoop or a tablespoon the same size as the scoop) and roll into grated coconut.
Easy Related Posts
Easy Macapuno Tarts Recipe
Tarts are typically free-standing with firm pastry base consisting of dough, itself made of flour, ...read more
Special Pancit Canton Recipe
Pancit Canton it is a type of Lo Mein or tossed noodles known as flour ...read more
PPT (Pork, Potato And Tomato) Recipe
Are you looking for an easy weeknight dinner ideas? Pork and Potato stew is a ...read more
Chicken Adobo Sa Gata Recipe
Adobong Manok sa Gata is a version of Filipino Chicken Adobo that includes coconut milk. ...read more