For the batter
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk (I used fresh milk)
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/3 cup sugar
For the filling
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb ground pork
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup onion, minced
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch, dissolved in 3 Tbsp water
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 Tbsp hoisin sauce
- ¼ tsp blackpepper
- 3 hardboiled eggs, sliced into 1/8’s
- Cheese (I use Eden Cheese)
For the batter
- In a bowl, sift and mix flour, baking powder and 1/2 cup sugar. Add water and milk and mix until well combined and free of lumps.
- In another bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until soft peaks form. Add sugar gradually until stiff peaks form, and then fold into the batter.
For Pork Asado filling
- Heat up olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Saute the garlic and onions until the onion is almost translucent.
- Add the pork and stir-fry until light brown. Add the soy sauce, oyster sauce, hoisin sauce, and sugar then mix well. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until pork is tender.
- Add the cornstarch and mix until the sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool down. Remove excess oil.
To make the Puto Pao
- Prepare the steamer by filling it halfway with water and then add 1 Tbsp vinegar. (This will prevent the puto pao from turning yellowish.) Start heating up the steamer. Slightly grease puto molds.
- Fill puto molds halfway with batter. Top each with about 1 Tbsp Pork Asado filling and 1 slice of egg. (For the small molds, I only used about half tablespoon filling). Add some more batter to each puto mold to cover the filling.
- Arrange in steamer and steam for 15 minutes. Place cheesecloth in between each pan to avoid water drips. Remove steamer from heat and top puto pao with cheese. Steam for 3 more minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool down. Remove from mold before serving.
Easy Related Posts
Fluffy Steam Milo Cheese Puto
https://youtu.be/Hlg1F1oeEvY Ingredients: 3 pcs. Sachet Milo Powder 3 pcs. Egg separate the white and egg ...read more
How to Make Original Puto Kutsinta Recipe
https://youtu.be/IJL-Th4qG6A Ingredients: 2 cups Cassava Flour 2 cups Flour 3 cups water 2 1/2 cups Brown ...read more
How to Make Banana Puto
https://youtu.be/-4Sdtt8e6yY Ingredients: 2 ripe bananas 1 pc egg 1 can (370ml) evaporated milk 2 tbsp melted butter 1 tsp vanilla extract 1/2 cup ...read more
How to Cook Special Inihaw na Pusit (Grilled Squid) Recipe
https://youtu.be/hSmtzaYONGM Ingredients: 3 pcs. medium to large squid (cleaned) 1 cup soy sauce 1/2 lemon or 2 pcs. calamansi ...read more