- 2 lb. bone-in pork belly (the cut of pork should be part lean meat, part fat; it can also be boneless)
- 1-2 cups oil for frying
- 1 tablespoon azucena (substitute onion)
- 1-2 bay leaves
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (more to taste)
- ¼ cup pineapple tidbits
- ¼ cup black beans
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup vinegar
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1 ¼ cup water
- ½ cup green onions
- Separate the fat from the lean meat by cutting the pork belly into medium sized pieces (about 2 inch by 1 inch).
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium low heat and cook the pieces of pork until golden brown, about 15 minutes. Remove from oil and drain in a bowl lined with paper towels.
- Transfer the pork to a large pot and add all the remaining ingredients except the green onions. Mix well and bring to a low boil over medium heat. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally.
- After 30 minutes, add the green onions and stir to mix them into the pot.
- Cover again and simmer for an additional 30 minutes, or until the pork is very tender.
- I do not recommend using any other kind of meat besides pork belly. I have tried this with several cuts of pork and they are never as good as the pork belly because they dry out much faster.
Easy Related Posts
PPT (Pork, Potato And Tomato) Recipe
Ingredients: 1/2 cup of pork belly (cut into strips) 1/4 cup of minced pork 1 ...read more
Homemade Kikiam Recipe
Ingredients: 1 kg ground pork 2 cups red onions, chopped 1/3 cup minced garlic 1 ...read more
Easy step to make All time Favorite Adobong Baboy Na Tuyo
Ingredients: 500g pork liempo, cut into 2-inch chunks 2 tbsp. oil 3-4 cloves garlic 200g ...read more
Best step to Cook Pata Hamonado
Ingredients: 1 pork pata front 3 cups pineapple juice 1 medium onion, diced 1 teaspoon ...read more