- 260 grams all-purpose flour (about 2 cups) or pastry flour (2 1/4 cups), sifted
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground nutmeg
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 4 Tbsp butter (½ stick)
- Preheat your oven to 400° F.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Heat the butter in the microwave, in a microwave-safe bowl, for about a minute, until it’s thoroughly melted.
- Set it aside at room temperature to cool, but don’t let it solidify again.
- Beat the eggs in a separate bowl and then add the sugar, milk and vanilla.
- Thoroughly grease and flour a 12-cup muffin pan (or use paper muffin liners).
- Ensure that the melted butter is warm but not hot. Pour a tiny bit of the butter into the egg-vanilla-milk mixture and stir it in.
- Repeat a few more times, adding a slightly larger amount of the liquid butter each time until it’s all incorporated.
- Now add the liquid ingredients to the dry ones and mix just until the dry ingredients are barely incorporated. Don’t mix too long! Ten to 15 seconds at the most.
- The batter will be visibly lumpy, and you may see pockets of dry flour, but that’s okay. Over mixing the batter will cause your muffins to be rubbery.
- Let the batter rest for 10 to 15 minutes, to allow the gluten in the flour to relax, and some of those pockets of dry flour to dissolve.
- Gently pour the batter into the prepared muffin pan and bake immediately.
- Bake 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
Easy Related Posts
How to Make Pinoy Pancake / Hotcake with Royal
https://youtu.be/RQmcMFYfE8g Ingredients: 2 cups of Flour 1 small Royal Soft drinks 1 cup of Water ...read more
How to Make Banana Steam Cupcake / Banana Puto
https://youtu.be/6CP9QoGXah0 Ingredients: 3 – 4 pcs. ripe Bananas 1/2 kg all-purpose flour 1 tbsp baking powder ...read more
Crispy Cheesy Hotdog (Bite Size Sandwich)
https://youtu.be/baNOLg7xqcs Ingredients: Hotdog Cheese White Bread/Tasty 1 Egg 1 cup Flour 2 cups Bread Crumbs Salt and Pepper Cooking Oil for Frying Procedures: Flattened the ...read more
How to Make Puto Cheese
https://youtu.be/jGm4qLWRqLA Ingredients: 2 cups flour 1 cup sugar 2 tbsp baking powder 3 pcs eggs 6 ounces evaporated milk 1 cup water 2 ...read more