- 3 cups Glutinous Rice
- 1 tablespoon Lye water
- Sugar, for dipping
- Grated Coconut, for dipping
- Banana leaves, prepped for wrapping
- Cotton or any food-safe Twine, for tying
- Wash the glutinous rice flour once, then soak in water. Make sure the rice is fully submerged. Set aside for 30 minutes.
- Prep the banana leaves for wrapping
- Strain the water thoroughly, then add the lye water. The rice should turn yellowish.
- Measure 1/2 cup of rice and put on banana leaves. Fold all ends in tightly to make an approximately 3 x 1 1/2 inch pillow, set aside.
- With the folded sides inwards, tie together 2 pieces, like pictured.
- Set on a big pot and cover with water, bring to a boil and turn the heat down to simmer for at least 3 hours and check for doneness.
- Open one pair and see if the suman is soft and fully cooked. If not, tie it back and return to boil.
- Check every 1/2 hour or so for doneness.
- When done, serve with sugar mixed with grated coconut.
Easy Related Posts
Buttered Shrimp Recipe
Butter is a much more delicious fat to use when cooking something as simple as ...read more
PPT (Pork, Potato And Tomato) Recipe
Are you looking for an easy weeknight dinner ideas? Pork and Potato stew is a ...read more
Original style of Ilocos Empanada (Negosyo Recipe)
https://youtu.be/lzwS2exKiE4 Ingredients: Empanada Dough 2 cups of rice flour 1 cup water 2 tbsp atsuete seeds ...read more
Cheesy Pandesal Recipe
https://youtu.be/8-GKJmmLCpA Ingredients: 4 cups of Flour Cheese for fillings ¼ cup of butter 2 pcs. Eggs ...read more