Vigan empanda is similar to a taco shell when fried to a crisp with vegetable like grated papaya or bean sprouts and meat filling inside. It is also added with raw egg in the center and will cook together with the empanada when fried. Among the other kinds of empanada, what I love in this kind is the crispy thin shell and when you munch it you will taste the grated papaya and the longganisa plus the soft cooked egg inside. Specially when you dip or pour it with some sukang Iloko, it is absolutely yummy!
- 1 1/2 cup Mochiko Rice Flour
- Orange food coloring (optional)
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 tbsp. Oil
- 1 Green (Unripe) Papaya, grated
- 4 pcs. Longganisa Sausage Chopped (remove from its casing)
- 1/2 Chopped Onion
- 1 Garlic Clove Finely Chopped
- 6 Eggs
- Cooking Oil for deep frying
- Mix ingredients in a bowl and knead dough lightly.
- Take about a 2-3 tablespoons of dough and flatten with rolling pin.
- Set aside while you make your filling. Before you make your filling preheat your deep fryer by adding the cooking oil and set aside.
- In another skillet pan saute garlic and onions in oil. Add Longganisa Sausage and season with salt and pepper to desired. When sausage is cooked pu t in a bowl and mix it a little to cool it down. Wait 2-3 minutes and mix in grated papaya.
- Spoon out 2-3 tablespoons of filling to flattened dough and crack a piece of fresh egg. Seal the sides and deep fry in the preheated deep fryer.
- Place Empanadas in a plate topped with plenty of paper towels to blot oil. Serve in another clean platter and with sweet chili dip or garlic vinegar on the side.
Easy Related Posts
Easy Macapuno Tarts Recipe
Tarts are typically free-standing with firm pastry base consisting of dough, itself made of flour, ...read more
Buttered Shrimp Recipe
Butter is a much more delicious fat to use when cooking something as simple as ...read more
Chicken Adobo Sa Gata Recipe
Adobong Manok sa Gata is a version of Filipino Chicken Adobo that includes coconut milk. ...read more
Original style of Ilocos Empanada (Negosyo Recipe)
https://youtu.be/lzwS2exKiE4 Ingredients: Empanada Dough 2 cups of rice flour 1 cup water 2 tbsp atsuete seeds ...read more