This dish is a Filipino version of meat loaf. Always present on different occasions like Christmas, new year, weddings and birthdays. Embutido is known for having lots of ingredients mixed with ground meat such as carrots, green peas, egg, hotdog and so much more. However, this recipe make it stand out and tastier than ever by adding condense milk and bread crumbs. Condense milk plays an important role to the dish, it holds everything together and gives that slight sweetness to it and the bread crumbs add texture. This tender, tasty, flavorful embutido can make even more savory using some special sauce.
- 400 grams ground pork / pork kasim strips then pounded (babayuhin)
- 2 raw eggs beaten
- 1 onion chopped finely
- 1/2 cup raisin
- 4 pieces whole hotdog
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 2 hard boiled eggs quartered
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 3 tablespoon bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup condensed milk
- 1 head garlic chopped finely
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup butter
- Parsley for garnish
For Special Embutido Sauce:
- tomato sauce
- In a large bowl, combined all the ingredients except for the hard boiled eggs and hotdog.
- Mix well, until blended.
- Spread half of the mixture in an aluminum foil.
- Arrange the hotdog and hard boiled eggs on top.
- Roll the mixture
- Roll tightly and wrap in aluminum foil, seal both ends.
- Place the roll in a steamer for one hour. Chill.
- Remove from wrapping before serving, serve with ketchup or special sauce. Garnish with parsley. (You can also fry if you want)
Easy Related Posts
PPT (Pork, Potato And Tomato) Recipe
Are you looking for an easy weeknight dinner ideas? Pork and Potato stew is a ...read more
Nilagang Tinolang Manok
https://youtu.be/HlgPpNB3VHk Ingredients: Manok Papaya or Sayote Patatas Pechay Malunggay Patis Bawang Sibuyas Asin, Paminta at magic ...read more
Lumpiang Shanghai Recipe
https://youtu.be/Z2cH4bmE-os Ingredients ½ kg ground pork 1 pc carrot 1 pc onion diced 5 cloves garlic ...read more
How to Make Marikina Everlasting/Hardinera (Marikina Style Meatloaf)
https://youtu.be/zz9pmyOpV3Y Ingredients 2 tablespoons canola oil 3 hot dogs, sliced thinly 1 onion, peeled and chopped ...read more