- 1 kilo chicken; breast and wings preferred
- 4 stalks lemon grass; cut into short, thin strips
- 1 lemon; juice extracted
- 1 lime; juice extracted
- 4 cloves garlic; crushed
- 2 tablespoons 7-Up or Sprite soda
- ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup annatto seeds
- 2 tablespoons butter
- chili pepper flakes (optional)
- skewers for grilling (or barbeque stick)
- salt to taste
- cooking oil
- In a bowl, marinate chicken overnight in salt, pepper, garlic, lemon grass, lime and lemon juice, and 7-up or Sprite soda. Set aside.
- Fry annatto seeds in cooking oil. Let cool, crush, and drain the annatto oil in a bowl. Set aside.
- Prepare a mixture for bashing by mixing annatto oil, marinade, and butter. Pan boil for few minutes and season with salt and MSG if desired. – Filipinos, sometimes, has this tantsa tantsa lang (estimate and approximate) method of cooking. Experiment, therefore, on your best combination.
- Skew the chicken and grill over the hot charcoal, brushing it with the mixture once in a while. Grill until done.
- You can substitute kalamansi for lemon and lime. Adding 1 tablespoon of vinegar in the marinade is good if you intend to preserve the left over chicken inasal in a day or two.
Easy Related Posts
Homemade Max Style Fried Chicken
https://youtu.be/RFNTWQcDjU0 Ingredients: 1 whole of Chicken 10 pcs. Calamansi 5 stem of Lemon grass 1 pc ...read more
Homemade Chicken Inasal
https://youtu.be/P71kkdbOrw8 Ingredients. 1 kg of chicken (leg and thigh, wings) 1/4 cup ketchup ¼ cup soy ...read more
How to Cook Original Filipino Chicken Adobo without Vinegar
https://youtu.be/7MwjGM0SpXw Ingredients ½ kilo of chicken ¼ cup soy sauce 3 pcs. Calamansi juice ½ cup ...read more
Special Arroz Caldo
https://youtu.be/Gs9h5-O2rPs Ingredients: Chicken meat 1 1/2 cup Rice 1 pc onion 5 cloves garlic 2 thumbs ...read more