- 500grams Fish (Recommended variety: Tilapia, Lapu-lapu, Mackerel)
- 1 medium sized onion, sliced
- 1 red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 thumb-sized ginger, cut into thin strips
- 2 tbsp. vinegar
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 3 cups of water
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground pepper
- First, fry the fish in a pan then set aside once nicely brown and skin looks crispy.
- Mix the cornstarch with a little water and set aside.
- In a separate pan; sauté garlic, onion and ginger.
- When softened, add the water and wait to simmer.
- When nearly boiling, add the cornstarch and stir continuously.
- Add the soy sauce, vinegar and red pepper then continue stirring.
- Add the Fried fish then seasoned with salt, pepper and brown sugar. Simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Served and sprinkle over the spring onion.
Another version of this recipe is instead of adding the fried fish in the pan, put the fried fish on a plate then pour over the sauce and sprinkle over the spring onion. It’s lovely with plain boiled rice… and you’ll need plenty of it, trust me. You can also swap the fish with dried fish as well and it will just taste as nice.
Source: Filipino Food Online
Easy Related Posts
Timplang Negosyo ng Calamares
https://youtu.be/0-NsgY_hNSg Ingredients: 1 Kilo of Squid (clean and cut into ring) 2 cups of All-purpose flour ...read more
Butter Garlic Spicy Squid Recipe
https://youtu.be/i0ZbV7SeCO0 Ingredients 1/2 kg squid (clean and cut) 100 grams. Butter 2 tbsp tomato paste ¼ ...read more
How to Cook Cheesy, Juicy & Creamy Baked Shrimp
https://youtu.be/BAsgMBdk-6s Ingredients ¼ cup bread crumbs 12 pcs Tiger Shrimps/Big ½ cup butter 1 tbsp Chopped ...read more
How to Cook Filipino Style Seafood Paella
https://youtu.be/YK9CDkrzY_Y Ingredients ¼ kilo mussel (pre-cooked) ¼ kilo clam shells (pre-cooked) ¼ kilo squid ¼ cup ...read more