- 12 oz firm white fish (Hake, cod, halibut, or sole)
- 2 slices of fresh whole pineapple, ½ inch thick (no need to core)
- 1½ cups cabbage, shredded
- 1 lime, cut in half
- ½ cup plus 1 tbsp sour cream
- ¼ cup diced onions,1/4 inch dice
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp sugar
- ¾ tsp sea salt, divided
- ½ tsp freshly ground pepper, divided
- ½ tsp red pepper, divided
- ¼ tsp cumin
- ½ – 1 chipotle, finely diced (according to taste)
- 8 Corn tortilla’s
- Heat grill.
- Season fish with ¼ tsp pepper, ¼ tsp sea salt and ¼ tsp red pepper.
- Squeeze juice from ½ lime over fish. Set aside.
- Place cabbage, onions and cilantro into a medium sized bowl. Toss to mix.
- Add 1 tbsp sour cream, juice from ½ lime, sugar, ¼ tsp red pepper, ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper, and ½ tsp sea salt. Mix all ingredients together. Set aside.
- Place ½ cup sour cream, chipotle, and cumin into small bowl. Mix well to incorporate all ingredients. Set aside.
- Prepare aluminum foil for grill and place fish on top of foil (prevents the fish from falling through the grate).
- Cook fish for 10- 12 minutes, turning once during cooking time, or until fish is white and flaky (time is dependent on thickness of fish fillet).
- At the same time the fish is cooking, place pineapple slices on open grill, the amount of time to caramelize is about the same time for the fish,10-12 minutes. Turn once half way through cooking.
- Warm corn tortilla’s on the grill (if there is room), or wrap them in aluminum foil and place in the oven to warm at 350 for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Once fish is done, remove from grill and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Remove pineapple from the grill and allow to cool a few minutes for handling.
- Cut pineapple slices away from the core and chop.
- Add pineapple to cabbage mixture and toss to combine.
- Assemble tacos, evenly dividing the fish, pineapple slaw, and chipotle cream onto the warm corn tortillas.
- Serve immediately.
Easy Related Posts
Adobong Bangus (Milkfish)
Adobong Bangus – Adobo (a Filipino dish simmered in vinegar and soy sauce) is a ...read more
Buttered Shrimp Recipe
Butter is a much more delicious fat to use when cooking something as simple as ...read more
Butter Garlic Spicy Squid Recipe
https://youtu.be/i0ZbV7SeCO0 Ingredients 1/2 kg squid (clean and cut) 100 grams. Butter 2 tbsp tomato paste ¼ ...read more
Sweet N Sour Fish Fillet
https://youtu.be/8k9GKvEPAaM Ingredients: 1kg Fish Fillet 1 cup flour 4 tbsp cassava flour oil for frying and ...read more