- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 red onions, chopped
- 3 large carrots, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3/4 cup Sriracha, plus more for garnish
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 pound red lentils
- 8 cups vegetable stock ( I used chicken stock)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Sour cream, for garnish
- Chopped fresh cilantro or chives, for garnish
- Heat the oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the onions and carrots and saute until they begin to soften, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic, paprika, cumin, bay leaves, tomato paste, and Sriracha, cooking for 1 to 2 minutes, until aromatic.
- Add the tomatoes, and scrape up any of the brown bits that have accumulated at the bottom of the pot with a wooden spoon. Pour in the lentils and vegetable stock, stirring to combine. Bring to a boil, lower the heat, and simmer, uncovered, for 20 to 30 minutes, until the lentils are softened and cooked thoroughly. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Discard the bay leaves.
- Ladle into bowls. Garnish with a dollop of sour cream, a sprinkling of cilantro and perhaps a last-minute squiggle of Sriracha for color and zip.
Easy Related Posts
Tofu Sisig Recipe
https://youtu.be/cfjybFwwpio Ingredients 6 pcs Tokwa/ Tofu (dice) 1 pc white onion ( dice) 3 cloves garlic ...read more
Egg Salad Recipe
https://youtu.be/8u-5KpGPve4 Ingredients 8 pcs Boiled egg ½ cup mayonnaise 1 pc red bell pepper ( small ...read more
Special Arroz Caldo
https://youtu.be/Gs9h5-O2rPs Ingredients: Chicken meat 1 1/2 cup Rice 1 pc onion 5 cloves garlic 2 thumbs ...read more
Super Easy Yema Spread
https://youtu.be/w0Lvzip2tUw Ingredients: 2 pcs. Egg Yolks 1 can of Condensed Milk 1 pack of Cream ...read more