This dish provides a delicious vegetable and protein combo that’s heavy on flavor and nutrition. And for those garlic lover, well, this is for you! This recipe is created with the goal of merging entrée and vegetable into one highly flavorful and nutritious dish. Crush the cloves and allow them to sit for ten minutes before cooking to release the alliinase – the compound in raw garlic responsible for both flavor and health benefits, to get the most out of the garlic. You may also add a few extra cloves of crushed raw garlic toward the end of the cooking time to pack a flavor and nutrition punch if you can handle the intense flavor. Save your precious time on the prep side of things, just frozen broccoli florets retain all the nutrition found in fresh bunches. You can opt to use fresh florets as well, just cook them for about ten minutes longer than the recipe calls for to allow them to soften up. Keep the heat to a minimum to prevent overcooking and turning the bright green tiny tress into an dark-green mess. Enjoy!
- 1 pound chicken cutlets
- 16 ounces frozen broccoli florets
- 1 head garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (or other oil suitable for frying)
- 1 cup almond milk (cashew or coconut will also work)
- 2 tablespoons potato starch (or all-purpose flour)
- 1 tablespoon chicken soup seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Using a hammer or mallet, bang on the head of garlic several times to separate the cloves. Use a garlic press to crush each clove of garlic into a small bowl, and set aside.
- If you don’t have a garlic press, drop cloves into a cup of boiling water to loosen skins. Peel cloves and chop finely.
- Allow crushed (or minced) garlic to sit for a few minutes while you prepare the cutlets.
- Trim extra fat from cutlets and pound thick pieces to achieve even thickness. Using chicken shears, cut the cutlets into strips, and then again into one-inch pieces and put into a bowl.
- Coat chicken pieces with the potato starch or flour, ground black pepper and salt.
- Heat oil in large skillet on medium heat.
- Put crushed garlic into skillet and stir-fry for two minutes or until golden and fragrant.
- Add coated chicken chunks and allow to cook for about ten minutes, stirring every few minutes until no more pink is visible.
- Add almond milk and soup seasoning and stir. Raise heat, cover pan, and bring to a boil.
- Once the sauce comes to a boil and begins to thicken, lower heat and add broccoli florets. Cook for five minutes.
- Serve warm over a bed of wild rice or quinoa.
Recipe Source here
Easy Related Posts
How to Cook Roasted Chicken
https://youtu.be/gaUGXorVwj8 Ingredients: Whole Chicken Lemon Grass Lemon juice Onion Garlic Chili Ginger Olive oil Fish Sauce ...read more
How to Cook Chicken Adobo Recipe
https://youtu.be/jfCjgSLFPxY Ingredients: 1 kilo Chicken 1 ¼ cup Soy Sauce ½ cup Vinegar 3 tbsp. Sugar ...read more
Budget Ulam: Egg Tinola with Misua Soup Recipe
https://youtu.be/rsM_ha37UkQ Ingredients. 30 grams Slice Ginger 1 pc. Slice Onion 5 Cloves Slice Garlic 7 pcs. ...read more
How to Cook Tinolang Manok Recipe
https://youtu.be/buJ0PyE4RUs Ingredients: 1 Kilo Chicken Garlic Onion 1/4 cup of Fish sauce Sayote or Papaya Chili ...read more