- 1-1 1/2 kilo mud crabs (alimango)
- 3-4 cups malungay leaves
- 1/2 head garlic chopped
- 1 medium size onion chopped
- 2 thumb size ginger, cut into strips
- 3 cups pure coconut milk
- 2-3 hot red chili, chopped
- 2 tbsp. fish sauce
- salt to taste
- cooking oil
- Remove belly flap and trim legs of each crab wash and drain. Cut each crabs at mid-section in half set aside. In a large pot sauté garlic, ginger and onion until fragrant.
- Add 1 cup of the pure coconut milk and 1 1/2 cup of water bring it to a boil and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add in the crabs, red chili, green chili and fish sauce, continue to cook at moderate to low heat and continuously stirring for 5 to 8 minutes or until the crabs are cooked. Remove the crabs from the pot and keep aside.
- Add in the remaining coconut milk let boil and simmer for 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally or until the coconut milk is reduce to about half.
- Add in the malungay leaves and continue to cook for 3 to 5 minutes. Correct saltiness if required. Now add in the crabs and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve with a lot of rice.
Source : Overseas Pinoy Cooking
Easy Related Posts
Adobong Bangus (Milkfish)
Adobong Bangus – Adobo (a Filipino dish simmered in vinegar and soy sauce) is a ...read more
Buttered Shrimp Recipe
Butter is a much more delicious fat to use when cooking something as simple as ...read more
Butter Garlic Spicy Squid Recipe
https://youtu.be/i0ZbV7SeCO0 Ingredients 1/2 kg squid (clean and cut) 100 grams. Butter 2 tbsp tomato paste ¼ ...read more
Sweet N Sour Fish Fillet
https://youtu.be/8k9GKvEPAaM Ingredients: 1kg Fish Fillet 1 cup flour 4 tbsp cassava flour oil for frying and ...read more