- 3-4 cups coconut milk
- 1 – 1 ½ pounds stingray meat
- ¼ cup vinegar
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- 1 chopped onion
- Seasoning like patis (fish oil), salt and pepper, olive oil, and achuete powder (a natural coloring and flavoring agent) is up to the taste of the cook.
- Bear in mind that the quantities of the ingredients can (and should) change, depending on how many people you’re cooking for. This recipe serves around 2-3 people.
- Blanch the stingray meat in boiling water for 2-3 minutes, or until the meat is tender. You can choose to flake the meat, or cut it into serving pieces. Set it aside.
- In a saucepan, combine the coconut milk, garlic and onion. Boil and simmer constantly, to avoid curdling the milk.
- Add the stingray and vinegar, and then simmer for another 3-5 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste (most Filipinos place whole green peppers in the mix; the spicier, the better). Simmer for another 2 minutes, or until the sauce turns creamy.
- Serve with hot rice and enjoy!
Easy Related Posts
Timplang Negosyo ng Calamares
https://youtu.be/0-NsgY_hNSg Ingredients: 1 Kilo of Squid (clean and cut into ring) 2 cups of All-purpose flour ...read more
Butter Garlic Spicy Squid Recipe
https://youtu.be/i0ZbV7SeCO0 Ingredients 1/2 kg squid (clean and cut) 100 grams. Butter 2 tbsp tomato paste ¼ ...read more
How to Cook Cheesy, Juicy & Creamy Baked Shrimp
https://youtu.be/BAsgMBdk-6s Ingredients ¼ cup bread crumbs 12 pcs Tiger Shrimps/Big ½ cup butter 1 tbsp Chopped ...read more
How to Cook Filipino Style Seafood Paella
https://youtu.be/YK9CDkrzY_Y Ingredients ¼ kilo mussel (pre-cooked) ¼ kilo clam shells (pre-cooked) ¼ kilo squid ¼ cup ...read more