- 3-4 cups coconut milk
- 1 – 1 ½ pounds stingray meat
- ¼ cup vinegar
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- 1 chopped onion
- Seasoning like patis (fish oil), salt and pepper, olive oil, and achuete powder (a natural coloring and flavoring agent) is up to the taste of the cook.
- Bear in mind that the quantities of the ingredients can (and should) change, depending on how many people you’re cooking for. This recipe serves around 2-3 people.
- Blanch the stingray meat in boiling water for 2-3 minutes, or until the meat is tender. You can choose to flake the meat, or cut it into serving pieces. Set it aside.
- In a saucepan, combine the coconut milk, garlic and onion. Boil and simmer constantly, to avoid curdling the milk.
- Add the stingray and vinegar, and then simmer for another 3-5 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste (most Filipinos place whole green peppers in the mix; the spicier, the better). Simmer for another 2 minutes, or until the sauce turns creamy.
- Serve with hot rice and enjoy!
Source: Philippine Cuisine
Easy Related Posts
Adobong Bangus (Milkfish)
Adobong Bangus – Adobo (a Filipino dish simmered in vinegar and soy sauce) is a ...read more
Buttered Shrimp Recipe
Butter is a much more delicious fat to use when cooking something as simple as ...read more
Butter Garlic Spicy Squid Recipe
https://youtu.be/i0ZbV7SeCO0 Ingredients 1/2 kg squid (clean and cut) 100 grams. Butter 2 tbsp tomato paste ¼ ...read more
Sweet N Sour Fish Fillet
https://youtu.be/8k9GKvEPAaM Ingredients: 1kg Fish Fillet 1 cup flour 4 tbsp cassava flour oil for frying and ...read more