- 1 kilo Skipjack Tuna. Sliced
- 1 1/2 cup fresh coconut milk
- chinese cabbage (pechay)
- 1cup eggplant. Sliced diagonally
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 medium size ginger, sliced
- 2 tbsp. vinegar
- 3 pcs green chilis (finger chilli)
- 1 tsp. white sugar salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in large cooking pan.
- Fry eggplant until color turns slightly brown. Set aside.
- Fry the sliced tuna for 3 minutes each side. Set aside.
- Remove some oil. Saute the onion, garlic and ginger.
- Pour in the coconut milk then add the fried tuna. Let it simmer over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Check regularly to avoid bubbling of the coconut milk.
- Add the fried eggplants and chinese cabbage. Simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Add sugar. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the finger chilli and turn off the fire. Cover and let the steam cook the chilli.
- Arrange in a bowl and serve hot. Bon appetit!
- Frying the tuna and the eggplants intensifies the taste.
- Add red chilli to add a kick to the dish.
- You can use powdered seasoning to enhance the flavor.
Recipe by Jake Arandela of Jeepney Recipes
Easy Related Posts
Butter Garlic Spicy Squid Recipe
https://youtu.be/i0ZbV7SeCO0 Ingredients 1/2 kg squid (clean and cut) 100 grams. Butter 2 tbsp tomato paste ¼ ...read more
Sweet N Sour Fish Fillet
https://youtu.be/8k9GKvEPAaM Ingredients: 1kg Fish Fillet 1 cup flour 4 tbsp cassava flour oil for frying and ...read more
How to Cook Filipino Style Seafood Paella
https://youtu.be/YK9CDkrzY_Y Ingredients ¼ kilo mussel (pre-cooked) ¼ kilo clam shells (pre-cooked) ¼ kilo squid ¼ cup ...read more
HomeSeafood RecipesCalamares with Beer Recipe Calamares with Beer Recipe
https://youtu.be/1o4Ij7FfYxo Ingredients. 2 Big or ½ kilo Squid cut into Ring 1 cup flour 1/2 cup ...read more