Skip to contentGo to Header Section
- 1 big Puso ng Saging (Banana Heart/Bud)
- 1/4 k Kalabasa (squash)
- 100 gms vermicelli noodles
- 200 gms small shrimp (you can opt to remove the shells)
- 1 medium size tomato (diced)
- 1 medium size onion (sliced)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 cups water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Remove red layers of the puso ng saging until a yellowish core
- is revealed.
- Sliced the core thinly and soaked in salted water.
- Rinse and squeeze the veggies, throw away the water. Do this twice or until the sap is completely off the veggies.
- In a pan, saute garlic until light brown in color. Add onion and tomatoes and stir fry until tender.
- Put in soy sauce and pepper. Saute for a minute.
- Add shrimp and cook for until shrimps changes in color. Add water and bring to a boil.
- Add the banna heart veggies, sprinkle some salt and pepper. Cover and cook until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in vermicelli noodles before removing from heat.