It’s amazing how proper cooking and careful use of seasonings can transform any vegetable into a delicious side dish that you just may be able to convince even picky eaters to eat. Vegetables do not have to be bland or boring—there are many recipes which are absolutely amazing and become a welcome sight on the dinner table. This is one of them, and it’s a simple one.
The humble string bean is a perfect canvas that remains fresh and crunchy through sautéing—don’t cook it too long to maintain its texture and color—and absorbs plenty of flavor through a bit of oyster sauce, the additions of succulent slices of pork or pieces of shrimp, broth cubes for a more savory, meaty taste and of course, the classic combination of onions, garlic and tomatoes which combine to make one easy yet tasty plateful for the health-conscious.
- 2 to 2-1/2 cup of string beans
- 1 cup cubed pork
- 1 cup shrimp
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 to 3 tbsp chopped onion
- 2 to 3 tbsp chopped tomato
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 2 pcs beef or pork broth cubes
- Salt or fish sauce to taste
- 2 to 3 tbsp of oyster sauce
- Heat some cooking oil in a saucepan.
- Saute the garlic, onion and tomato.
- Saute the pork and let it cook.
- When the pork is cooked, put in the shrimp. Let it cook for a few minutes.
- Add the broth cubes. Let it dissolved.
- Add the string beans.
- Add the oyster sauce and give it a good mix.
- Let it simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Season it with salt or fish sauce if needed.
- When the string beans is cooked according to your preference, then its done.
- Serve with steamed rice.
Easy Related Posts
Ginisang Sayote Recipe
https://youtu.be/hjAd55MrcEc Ingredients 2 pcs sayote ( julienne cut) 1 pc small carrot ( julienne cut) 2 ...read more
Stir Fry Okra with Salted Eggs Recipe
https://youtu.be/by1ND-ViVuw Ingredients 3 bundle of okra 1 salted egg 3 clove garlic ½ tsp. Salt and ...read more
Potato Salad Recipe
https://youtu.be/MqplGPOIf3k Ingredients Homemade Mayo Mustard Dressing (see recipes) ½ kg Potato (cut into bite size and ...read more
How to Make HOMEMADE Potato Mojos ala SHAKEYS MOJOS
https://youtu.be/zRi1MFbyYqU Ingredients 3 pcs Potato ( carefully wash and cut 1 inch thickness) 1½ pack of ...read more