- 1.5 kg upo, peeled, deseeded, roughly chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 kg pork loin or pork belly
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp whole black peppercorns
- 5 tbsp fish sauce
- 1½ tsp salt
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 8 cups water
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and sauté until lightly browned. Add the onion and sauté until translucent. Set aside.
- Add the water to a stockpot and bring to a boil. Add the pork and salt and cook over medium- high heat for 15 minutes. Skim the fat off the top of the broth. Take the pork out of the water using a slotted spoon. Reserve the broth.
- Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the pork and sauté for 10 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Return the pork to the stockpot. Add the squash, peppercorns, fish sauce and the sautéed garlic and onion. Cook over medium heat for 30 minutes.
- Serve hot with rice and the fish sauce.
Easy Related Posts
Bola bola Sardines with Malunggay
https://youtu.be/24Um6JRMdjA Ingredients: Sardines 1 cup Malunggay/Moringa leaves Ginger Onion Garlic Egg ½ cup Flour 1 tbsp. ...read more
How to Make Atsara Recipe
https://youtu.be/ipS9aHd-ELU Ingredients: 1 big Papaya (Grated) 1 big Carrot (strips) 100 grams Ginger (slice) 1 big ...read more
Special Chopsuey Recipe
https://youtu.be/0az3hXz1plg Ingredients ¼ boneless chicken breast sliced ¼ chicken liver 1 ½ cup cauliflower 1 medium carrot sliced 12 pieces Baguio beans slice 1 piece celery 10 to 12 pieces baby ...read more
Pork Ampalaya in Oyster Sauce Recipe
Ingredients: 1 medium size pork tenderloin, about 1/2 kilo, sliced into strips1 medium to large size ampalaya, split in halves ...read more