Nachos have been canonized in Mexican, Tex-Mex, and American cuisine, but few people know the origins of this game day staple! In 1943, some wives of U.S. soldiers stationed at Fort Duncan in Eagle Pass, Texas, were on a shopping trip in the bordering city of Piedras Negras, Mexico. They stopped at the Victory Club for a bite to eat, but the restaurant had closed for the day. Not wanting to disappoint his customers, the maître d’, Ignacio “El Nacho” Anaya, was determined to whip something up for them. He cut and fried tortillas into chips, covered them with the cheese and jalapeños, and served what would go on to be called “Nacho’s especiales.”
- 1 package of ground beef (the amount is up to you)
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 envelope of taco seasoning, about 1 ounce
- 1 cup of grated cheddar cheese
- 1 bag of plain tortilla chips
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Cook ground beef in a large saucepan or Dutch oven. Add all ingredients but the cheddar cheese and chips to the pot and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes.
- While it is simmering, pour the chips into a casserole dish.
- Spread hot mixture over the chips; sprinkle grated cheddar cheese on top and put in the oven for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and browned.
Easy Related Posts
How to Make HOMEMADE Potato Mojos ala SHAKEYS MOJOS
https://youtu.be/zRi1MFbyYqU Ingredients 3 pcs Potato ( carefully wash and cut 1 inch thickness) 1½ pack of ...read more
No Bake - Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
https://youtu.be/dsTRwwQa6DI Ingredients 2 ripe Banana ¼ cup Melted Butter 4 tbsp. Condensed Milk 4 tbsp. Brown ...read more
How to Cook Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Nutella
https://youtu.be/juvLtJufyCA Ingredients: White Bread Nutella Margarine Shredded Cheese Procedure: Spread nutella on bread and roll it. Heat ...read more
Crispy Cheesy Hotdog (Bite Size Sandwich)
https://youtu.be/baNOLg7xqcs Ingredients: Hotdog Cheese White Bread/Tasty 1 Egg 1 cup Flour 2 cups Bread Crumbs Salt and Pepper Cooking Oil for Frying Procedures: Flattened the ...read more