- 500 g. of ground sirloin (ground lean pork would be more inexpensive and just as good)
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-cm. cubes
- 1 large onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 4 medium-sized tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1/2 head of garlic, peeled and finely minced
- 2 bsps. of tomato paste
- salt and pepper
- 4 tbsps. of vegetable cooking oil
- 24 quail eggs, hard-boiled and shelled
- a handful of fresh basil leaves, finely sliced, for garnish
- Heat the cooking oil in a shallow cooking pan (a wok is great). Add the potato cubes and cook over high heat until lightly browned. Add the ground meat. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for about 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the garlic, tomatoes and onions. Cook, stirring, for about a minute or until the vegetables start to soften. Stir in the tomato paste. Add the quail eggs. Cook for a minute longer.
- Sprinkle with finely sliced basil leaves before serving. You may also serve this ground beef and quail eggs dish as a rice topping.
- Note: You can reduce the amount of vegetables to half and add cubed carrots and sweet peas. Diced bell peppers would be nice too. I would have added them all except I had none in the house when I cooked this dish for lunch yesterday.
Easy Related Posts
Pork and Beef Adobo with Beef Liver
Ingredients: 1 kilo beef1 kilo pork1/2 kilo beef liver1 clove garlic, minced2 cup wateratchueteground black peppersalt ...read more
King Cut Ribeye Steak Recipe
INGREDIENTS: 4 tablespoons olive oil divided Sea Salt Cracked black pepper 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped ...read more
Skinny Salisbury Steak With Mushroom Gravy Recipe
Ingredients: 1 1/2 tsp oil 3/4 cup onions, minced 1 lbs 93% lean ground beef ...read more
Grilled Steak Lettuce Tacos Recipe
Ingredients: FOR THE GUAC: 4 oz (1 small haas) avocado 1/4 cup diced tomato 2 tablespoons ...read more