Many people are intimidated by the idea of making the beautifully thin, lacy French pancakes we all know and love as crepes—from tilting the pan carefully to ensuring that they’re evenly cooked, to folding them neatly to hold any savory or sweet filling you desire, a crepe is delicious, perfect for any occasion and any time of the day, and surprisingly not that hard to make with a little practice.
As long as you keep a steady hand and have some patience, you’ll have no trouble at all making this delicious recipe that’s particularly suited for breakfast or merienda, but will be just as tasty with a side of fresh salad or roasted asparagus or soup for lunch or dinner, just as they serve it at a café by the Seine! Just remember that these are best served hot, so give yourself time to prep these!
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablesponns melted butter (unsalted)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup MAYA Original Hotcake Mix
- 2 tablepoons finely chopped green onion
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup sour cream or 1/2 cup all purpose cream and 1/2 teaspoon of lemon
- fruit juice
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 6–8 slices cooked, thinly sliced square ham
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons melted butter (unsalted)
- Beat eggs slightly then add butter, water and hotcake mix. Stir until mixture is free from lumps. Heat an 8–inch non–stick or flat skillet and brush lightly with oil. Pour 1/4 cup of the mixture into the pan. Tilt from side to side to cover the pan. Cook until set. Repeat the same procedure with the remaining mixture. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine onion, salt, pepper, sour cream and mustard; mix well. Set aside. Get 1 crepe, layer ham slice, 1 tablespoon sour cream mixture and cheese. Roll up. Repeat procedure with the remaining crepe and filling.
- Arrange crepe in rectangular glass baking pan. Combine butter and bread crumbs; sprinkle over crepes and cover pan loosely with foil. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes at 350 degrees F or until cheese is melted.
- Serve crepes immediately.
Easy Related Posts
Tofu Sisig Recipe
https://youtu.be/cfjybFwwpio Ingredients 6 pcs Tokwa/ Tofu (dice) 1 pc white onion ( dice) 3 cloves garlic ...read more
Egg Salad Recipe
https://youtu.be/8u-5KpGPve4 Ingredients 8 pcs Boiled egg ½ cup mayonnaise 1 pc red bell pepper ( small ...read more
Special Arroz Caldo
https://youtu.be/Gs9h5-O2rPs Ingredients: Chicken meat 1 1/2 cup Rice 1 pc onion 5 cloves garlic 2 thumbs ...read more
Super Easy Yema Spread
https://youtu.be/w0Lvzip2tUw Ingredients: 2 pcs. Egg Yolks 1 can of Condensed Milk 1 pack of Cream ...read more