For those familiar with the beloved Filipino dish of embutido, which is similar to that of the classic Western meatloaf, the hardinera is a delicious variation that feels like you’ve taken all the best bits of a menudo and added all the sweet and savory elements together for an utterly moreish, sliceable loaf that’s great with a hot cup of rice when it’s freshly cooked, and delicious as a sandwich filling the next day even in cold slices with a bit of ketchup. Diced pork always goes well with pineapple, and the breadcrumbs and cheese that go into this loaf mixture will brown deliciously to blend with the roasted peppers and tomato sauce. It’s like you’ve made a stew in a more portable form—the eggs also add more healthy protein into this dish and make it a treat for both family meals or as a delightful addition to your next potluck.
- 3 tbsps oil
- 4 tbsps butter
- 1 pc white onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 kilo pork tenderloin, diced into cubes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup sweet pickles, diced
- 1 cup canned spiced ham
- ¼ cup raisins
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 pc red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small can liver spread
- ½ – 1 cup Quezo de Bola, grated
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 3 pcs eggs
- Banana leaves, softened and cut according to the shape of llanera
- 2-3 pcs hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 3-4 pcs pineapple slices
- 1 small green bell pepper, cut into fine strips
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into fine strips
- Line the llanera with softened banana leaves. Brush the leaf with butter, set aside.
- In a pan, heat oil and sauté onions, let it caramelize and add the garlic.
- Add the pork and sauté until it changes color. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add tomato sauce, sauté for two minutes then add chicken broth, let it simmer until the pork is tender and the sauce has been reduced.
- Remove from heat and let it cool then drain excess sauce.
- Arrange the slices of hard-boiled eggs, pineapple slices, red and green bell pepper strips into the prepared llaneras.
Easy Related Posts
PPT (Pork, Potato And Tomato) Recipe
Are you looking for an easy weeknight dinner ideas? Pork and Potato stew is a ...read more
Nilagang Tinolang Manok
https://youtu.be/HlgPpNB3VHk Ingredients: Manok Papaya or Sayote Patatas Pechay Malunggay Patis Bawang Sibuyas Asin, Paminta at magic ...read more
Lumpiang Shanghai Recipe
https://youtu.be/Z2cH4bmE-os Ingredients ½ kg ground pork 1 pc carrot 1 pc onion diced 5 cloves garlic ...read more
How to Make Marikina Everlasting/Hardinera (Marikina Style Meatloaf)
https://youtu.be/zz9pmyOpV3Y Ingredients 2 tablespoons canola oil 3 hot dogs, sliced thinly 1 onion, peeled and chopped ...read more