Milo, the chocolate energy drink, became part the lives of many kids while growing up. As time goes by, resourceful, and we might say genius, people found ways to make different food treats with Milo. This includes the Homemade Milo Ice Cream.
During summer, one would really need something to cool off the heat. It doesn’t have to be expensive, and it doesn’t need to be complicated to have your own DIY icy treat. With this recipe, you find it easy and enjoyable as you create your own ice cream from the ingredient we all love! Try making one now for the whole family!
- 1 – 1 1/4 cup milo powder
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 cups heavy cream (> 35% fat)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/8 tsp fine sea salt
- 5 large egg yolks
- 1 vanilla bean (cut lengthwise and scrape seeds)
- Prepare an ice bath in a large bowl with flat surface. Pour the heavy creaminto a mixing bowl and place the bowl into the large bowl with ice bath.
- Combine milo powder, milk, sugar, salt and vanilla bean seeds in a pot and warm them up over medium heat until sugar has completely dissolved.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg yolks lightly. Then gently pour the milo mixture into the egg yolks in a steady stream, while whisking constantly.
- Transfer the mixture back into the pot. Return pot to low heat and gently cook (stir constantly) until mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Strain through a fine mesh sieve into the mixing bowl with heavy cream. Stir to mix well until the mixture cools to room temperature. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- Churn in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer instructions. Serve directly as soft serve from the ice cream maker or chill in freezer in an airtight container until needed. Read here on the best way to store ice cream.
- When serving, don’t forget to top ice-cream with milo powder.
Don’t forget to share this recipe to your family and friends!
Easy Related Posts
Macaroni Salad Recipe
https://youtu.be/nWpJ8kCqyaw Ingredients 1 cup raw macaroni pasta, cooked al dente 9 ounces chicken tenders, boiled and ...read more
Avocado Graham Float De Leche / Negosyo Recipe
https://youtu.be/WMYYgkoFi1Y Ingredients: Avocado Nestle cream Small can Condensed Milk Crushed Graham Graham crackers. Leche flan Procedures: Prepare all the ingredients. Mix the nestle cream and ...read more
How to Make Coffee Pastillas / Negosyo Recipe
https://youtu.be/bpfCzdZpbz8 Ingredients: 1 cup of powdered milk 2 tbsp sugar 2 tbsp powdered sugar 2 tbsp condensed milk 1 tbsp. coffee ...read more
How to Make Mango Graham Ice Candy / Negosyo Recipe
https://youtu.be/ks08TsQVGEg Ingredients: 2 pieces Mango ½ kilo Sugar Mango Condensed Milk Evaporated Milk ¼ kilo Cornstarch 1 cup Water Graham Crushed Graham Crackers 2 Liters ...read more