- 4 cups of rice flour
- 1 and 1/2 cups of white sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp instant dry yeast
- 6 cups of water
- Oil for brushing puto molder
- Puto molder
- Making WATER ROUX (1 cup rice flour and 2 cups of water)
- First, prepare and measure all the ingredients you need.
- In a big bowl, mix the rice flour, sugar, baking powder, and yeast. Mix well.
- Pour the water the dry ingredients then mix until no lumps. Cover and set aside.
- Now make the water roux. Mix rice flour and water in a pan. Stir until dissolve.
- Then turn on the stove over medium heat.
- Stir constantly until a sticky paste is formed.
- Immediately add the roux to the rice flour batter you made earlier. Mix until there are no more lumps. You don’t have to cool down the water roux. Don’t worry, the yeast will be fine.
- Cover and let rest for 1.5 hours.
- Shortly before the 1.5 hour is over, prepare your steamer. Set the stove to medium heat.
- Grease your molds with vegetable oil.
- After 1.5 hours, stir the batter to remove bubbles. Don’t overmix.
- Pour the batter into the molds. Arrange into a steamer.
- Steam for about 18-20 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy the puto bigas
Easy Related Posts
Original style of Ilocos Empanada (Negosyo Recipe)
https://youtu.be/lzwS2exKiE4 Ingredients: Empanada Dough 2 cups of rice flour 1 cup water 2 tbsp atsuete seeds ...read more
Cheesy Pandesal Recipe
This is because the famous bread originated from a need to turn to innovation when ...read more
How to Make Kalabasa Dunot Recipe (Healthy Meryenda)
https://youtu.be/LFpiJtsZ1zk Ingredients: ½ whole slice of Kalabasa 1 cup of Powder milk 1 cup Sugar 2 ...read more
Nilupak na Saging na may Royal Soda at Peanut Butter
https://youtu.be/nVl7cnl-r4Y Ingredients. 30 pcs Boiled Saba (Banana) 1/4 kg Sugar 1 bottle Royal Soft drinks 1/4 ...read more