The mere mention of “liempo” will turn heads (and heels!) wherever you go. Liempo is already a star in its own right, but to soak it in a savory marinade and cook over a heap of burning coals is a different story!
It is usually prepared as a main course for lunch or dinner, but your drinking buddies surely wouldn’t mind some grilled pulutan. Level up your outdoor dinner with this quick and easy Inihaw na Liempo (Grilled Pork Belly) recipe!
- 1 kg Pork Belly (Liempo), 1 inch thick
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup calamansi or lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grind black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- In a bowl, combine marinade ingredients then marinate pork belly for at least 3 hours or in a fridge overnight.
- Remove the pork belly and then reserve the marinade.
- Combine ketchup and oil in marinade then mix well for basting.
- Grill marinated pork belly over hot charcoal for 10 minutes each side or until tender while basting with marinade mixture.
- Transfer serving plate and serve with steamed rice and spicy toyo-mansi.
Easy Related Posts
Nilagang Tinolang Manok
https://youtu.be/HlgPpNB3VHk Ingredients: Manok Papaya or Sayote Patatas Pechay Malunggay Patis Bawang Sibuyas Asin, Paminta at magic ...read more
Pork Pata Kare – Kare Recipe
https://youtu.be/h_oK-K_G6JI Ingredients 1 whole pork pata 1 pc. puso ng saging 2 bunches pechay 12 pcs. ...read more
How to Make Marikina Everlasting/Hardinera (Marikina Style Meatloaf)
https://youtu.be/zz9pmyOpV3Y Ingredients 2 tablespoons canola oil 3 hot dogs, sliced thinly 1 onion, peeled and chopped ...read more
Sizzling Crispy Pork Sisig
https://youtu.be/2yfF_xdcPQ0 Ingredients ½ kilo Pork Face ( boiled and grilled) 1 pc red chili (labuyo) 1 ...read more