- 1 kilo beef spare ribs
- 350 ml Mango Beer
- 1 whole garlic, cut in half
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 2-3 table spoon Hoisin Sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2-3 slivers, ginger
- 1 tsp peppercorns
- 2-3 pcs. star anise
- 2-3 pcs. bay leaf
- 2-3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- In a saucepan put beef, pour water to cover, bring to a boil and simmer for a minute. Now drain first boiled water and rinse off all scum.
- Return beef in the saucepan pour in the beer and fresh water to cover, add in the garlic, ginger, star anise, bay leaf and soy sauce.
- Bring to a boil and simmer at low to medium heat for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, add more water as necessary.
- Add sugar, oyster sauce and hoisin sauce, simmer for another 15 to 30 minutes or until the meat are tender and start to fall out from the bone and the liquid has reduced to about half.
- Thicken sauce with cornstarch diluted in 1/4 cup water. Correct saltines if required.
- Serve hot with a lot of rice.
Source : Overseas Pinoy Cooking
Easy Related Posts
How to Cook Papaitan(Beef Tripes ) Recipe
https://youtu.be/kQkcCwwCTAw Ingredients: Beef tripes and beef trimmings (boiled) Slice Ginger, Chili and Bay leaf Slice Onion ...read more
Pork and Beef Adobo with Beef Liver
Ingredients: 1 kilo beef1 kilo pork1/2 kilo beef liver1 clove garlic, minced2 cup wateratchueteground black peppersalt ...read more
King Cut Ribeye Steak Recipe
INGREDIENTS: 4 tablespoons olive oil divided Sea Salt Cracked black pepper 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped ...read more
Making tapa from scratch is easy and delicious, your family will want to eat this ...read more