- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons cold butter (1 stick), cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 4 ounces cold cream cheese, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-2 tablespoons ice water (I used closer to 2 tablespoons)
- 6 medium apples (about 2 1/2 pounds), peeled, cored and cut into 1/4 inch
- slices (I used 3 Granny Smith and 3 Golden Delicious)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4-1/3 cup maple syrup
- See a Quick Sausage Alfredo Recipe
- In a food processor, pulse flour, sugar and salt. Add butter and cream cheese and pulse till mixture looks like coarse corn meal, about 10 pulses. Sprinkle with lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of water and pulse a few times till combined. Pinch a bit of the dough to see if it holds together, if not, add some more water and pulse to combine.
- Pour out dough onto a large sheet of plastic wrap. Gather into a ball, then flatten into a disk. Wrap in the plastic and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375º. Remove dough from refrigerator. Roll into a 15 inch circle. Place dough on a piece of parchment and slide onto a rimless baking sheet.Toss apples with the sugar and cinnamon; and arrange apples overlapping in semicircles, starting about 3 inches in from the edge of the dough, placing the thicker sides of the apples facing out. Fold the outer dough border up over the apple filling, making pleats to allow the dough to lay flat.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then brush exposed crust with egg white and sprinkle remaining sugar over whole tart. Bake until crust is golden and apples are tender, about 30 more minutes.
- While the tart is in the oven cook maple syrup till it reduces almost in half. Set aside.
- Cool 10 minutes, then slide tart and parchment onto cooling rack. Cool completely. Use large spatula to remove tart from parchment onto serving plate. Brush apples with maple glaze.
Easy Related Posts
New Recipes (Easy Bake Puto Bumbong)
https://youtu.be/WGMaZEPHOh8 Ingredients: ½ kilo of Glutinous Flour 2 tbsp. violet food color 1 and 1/2 cup ...read more
Chocolate Cake in a Cup | Negosyo Recipes
https://youtu.be/Hk6wFqaxPXE Ingredients 2 cups all purpose flour ¾ cup cocoa powder 1½ teaspoon baking powder 1½ ...read more
How to Make Coffee Jelly Flan Overload in a CUP
https://youtu.be/Wn9qwqfa27o Ingredients 3 cups water 1 pack (25g) unflavored yellow gelatin powder 1 big can (300ml) ...read more
How to Make HOMEMADE Caramel Bread Pudding | No OVEN BAKED | Using Leftover Pandesal
https://youtu.be/xgpGBfv-u1o Ingredients 10 pcs. Leftover pandesal 6 pcs. large eggs ½ cup condensed milk 370ml evaporated ...read more