Although best known for its incredible homestyle fried chicken, the Filipino establishment Max’s is also known for the quality of some of its other amazing viands and sides—one of them being its sizzling tofu. Made creamy with mayonnaise, with a toothsome combination of oyster sauce, minced garlic, sugar and sliced chilies to flavor the sauce of firm, golden Chinese tofu, this dish is delicious with a cupful of hot rice and is made even better by the topping of crunchy green onions. The chopped bell peppers and onions add a fresh contrast to the thick, savory and sweet sauce of this sizzling dish. You add or reduce water based on your desired consistency for the sauce, but either way, it’s bound to be a hit. Bring the goodness of this beloved restaurant back to your own kitchen by trying out this recipe—it’s effortless to make.
- 500-grams Chinese Tofu
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp water
- 3 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 finger chilies, sliced
- Heat oil in a deep pan.
- Cut up the Chinese tofu into cubes and fry in hot oil until golden brown. Drain in paper towels.
- In a bowl, combine mayonnaise, oyster sauce, sugar, parsley, and pepper. Mix well, and add water until desired thickness is achieved. Adjust taste accordingly.
- Heat the mayo mixture in low heat while stirring for two minutes, then add the bell pepper and continue stirring for one more minute.
- Take your heated sizzling plate and add a small amount of vegetable oil.
- Saute garlic and onions until cooked, add in the tofu and mayo dressing and mix well.
- Sprinkle with sliced finger chili and more onions.
Easy Related Posts
Tipid Ulam: Kalabasa with Lucky Me Noodles
https://youtu.be/o3ao0AfTIqo Ingredients: ¼ kilo of Kalabasa 1 pc. Maggi Noodles 1 cup of Water 1 ...read more
Pinalatik Na Malunggay with Tulingan
https://youtu.be/NGCbASClmL0 Ingredients: 1 kilo of Inihaw na Tulingan(fish) 2 cups Coconut Milk 5 cups of Malunggay ...read more
Bola bola Sardines with Malunggay
https://youtu.be/24Um6JRMdjA Ingredients: Sardines 1 cup Malunggay/Moringa leaves Ginger Onion Garlic Egg ½ cup Flour 1 tbsp. ...read more
How to Make Atsara Recipe
https://youtu.be/ipS9aHd-ELU Ingredients: 1 big Papaya (Grated) 1 big Carrot (strips) 100 grams Ginger (slice) 1 big ...read more