- 1 rotisserie chicken
- 1 15-ounce can black beans
- 1 14-ounce can piquillo or roasted peppers
- 1 can medium ripe black olives
- ½ red onion
- 1 jar Williams-Sonoma Green Enchilada Starter
- 1 pint fat-free sour cream
- 1 bag corn tortilla chips or strips
- 2 8-ounce packages Mexican shredded cheese
- ¼-½ bunch cilantro
- Debone the rotisserie chicken. Shred the light & dark meat coarsely & place in a bowl. Set aside.
- Drain the black beans. Pour the can of black beans into the bottom of a 4-quart casserole dish & spread in a single layer.
- Spread the chicken over the black beans.
- Slice the peppers into strips, then layer over the chicken.
- Drain the olives, then sprinkle over the peppers.
- Chop the onion into ¼-inch dice & sprinkle with the olives.
- Shake the jar of Williams-Sonoma Green Enchilada Starter & pour anywhere from half to the entire jar of starter over the casserole…if you prefer a drier casserole, go with less…you like a casserole that is more of a cross between a casserole and a soup, then use the entire jar…we use the entire jar & it really makes the dish!
- Spoon the sour cream over the enchilada sauce.
- Layer the tortilla chips over the sour cream, overlapping the chips to completely cover the sour cream…the more chips, the better!
- Cover the chips with the two bags of shredded cheese. You may refrigerate the casserole for 2-3 hours or let the casserole stand at room temperature for about an hour. If you do refrigerate the casserole, remove the casserole about 30 minutes before baking to allow the casserole to come closer to room temperature.
- Preheat your oven to 350˚. Bake the casserole for 20 minutes or until the cheese has browned & the casserole is bubbly. Remove from the oven.
- While the casserole is baking, chop cilantro for serving.
- Allow the casserole to set for about 5 minutes before serving. Serve the Mexican Chicken Casserole, garnished with chopped cilantro, in pasta bowls or soup plates with extra tortilla chips & additional condiments of your choice for everyone to add to their serving…such as, tomatoes, avocado, chopped jalapeños, extra cheese, & hot sauce.
Easy Related Posts
Chicken Adobo Sa Gata Recipe
Adobong Manok sa Gata is a version of Filipino Chicken Adobo that includes coconut milk. ...read more
Homemade Max Style Fried Chicken
https://youtu.be/RFNTWQcDjU0 Ingredients: 1 whole of Chicken 10 pcs. Calamansi 5 stem of Lemon grass 1 pc ...read more
https://youtu.be/r3RBrnSQ80Y Ingredients. Chicken wings cut into half. Flour for breadings 2 pcs calamansi 1 tbsp salt ...read more
How to Cook Original Filipino Chicken Adobo without Vinegar
https://youtu.be/7MwjGM0SpXw Ingredients ½ kilo of chicken ¼ cup soy sauce 3 pcs. Calamansi juice ½ cup ...read more