- 5 ounces [140 g] milk chocolate, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons[37.5 g] sugar
- 2 tablespoons [14 g] unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons[14 g] cornstarch
- Pinch salt
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 ½ cups whole milk
- ½ cup heavy cream, plus 1 cup whipped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large bananas, thinly sliced
- 14 whole chocolate wafer cookies, plus 4 crushed, for garnish
- Place chocolate in a bowl. In a separate large bowl, sift together sugar, cocoa, cornstarch and salt; whisk in egg yolks and 1/2 cup milk until smooth.
- In a large saucepan over high heat, bring remaining 1 cup milk and 1/2 cup cream to a simmer. Pour over chopped chocolate and whisk until smooth. Whisking constantly, slowly pour hot chocolate mixture into egg mixture until completely incorporated and cocoa is dissolved.
- Return custard to saucepan. Cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat, until thickened, about 10 minutes. Do not let mixture reach a simmer. If custard begins to steam heavily, stir it, off the heat, a moment before returning it to stove top. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve. Stir in vanilla.
- Spread several tablespoons pudding evenly into an 8-inch square pan (or a glass bowl). Top with an even layer of bananas; arrange whole cookies on top of bananas. Cover with remaining pudding. Top with whipped cream and sprinkle with crushed cookies. Chill at least 3 hours or overnight before serving.
Source: Food Online