For the Chocolate Malt Cake:
- 1 + ¼ cups (190g) plain flour
- 1 + ½ cups (335g) caster sugar
- ½ cup (50g) malt powder (Horlicks, Ovaltine)
- ¼ cup (30g) cocoa
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 + ½ cups (375ml) boiling water
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup (125ml) canola oil
For the Milo Crumbs:
- ⅓ cup (50g) flour
- ⅓ cup (40g) milk powder
- ⅓ cup (40g) Milo
- ⅓ cup (40g) cocoa
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cornflour (cornstarch)
- 6 tbsp (85g) butter
- 1 L Vanilla Ice Cream (homemade or storebought)
For the Malted Hot Fudge:
- ⅓ cup (85ml) cream
- ¼ cup (60ml) water
- ¼ cup (25g) malt powder (Horlicks, Ovaltine, Milo)
- 6 oz (150g) dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp glucose or light corn syrup
- First, make the cake.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/375F, and grease and line a 8 inch/18cm cake tin.
- Place all the dry ingredients in a large bowl, and add the hot water, ½ a cup at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Add in the eggs, mixing well after each addition, and finally the canola oil. Pour the batter into the tin and bake for 50-55 minutes, until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Next make the crumbs.
- Place all the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Slowly stream in the butter, beating all the while, until the mixture is totally homogenised and can be squeezed together into clumps.
- Spread the mixture onto a lined baking tray and place in the oven (with the cake) for 10 minutes. Watch it carefully, as it burns easily.
- Once the crumbs are done (firm and slightly crisp), and the cake is baked, let them cool completely.
- To make the hot fudge, place all the ingredients in a small saucepan over a low heat until the mixture is melted and shiny.
- To assemble the ice cream cake, line an 18cm/8inch cake tin with plastic wrap.
- Slice the chocolate cake into two even layers and place one of them in the base of the tin.
- Fold ⅔ of the milo crumbles through the vanilla ice cream, and layer that onto the cake base.
- Top with remaining cake layer, wrap in cling film and freeze for at least 2 hours, or for up to 1 month.
- To serve the cake, let it rest out of the freezer for 10-15 minutes, then pour over the hot fudge, top with the remaining Milo crumbs, and eat!”
Recipe Source here
Easy Related Posts
No Bake Choco Peanut-Butter Cookies Recipe
Cookies are perfect, bite-sized snacks you can bring anywhere – to work, school, or just ...read more
New Recipes (Easy Bake Puto Bumbong)
https://youtu.be/WGMaZEPHOh8 Ingredients: ½ kilo of Glutinous Flour 2 tbsp. violet food color 1 and 1/2 cup ...read more
Easy and Moist Chocolate Crinkles
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0kITrzvPR4 Ingredients: 1 cup firmly packed Brown sugar 2 Large eggs 1/8 cup Vegetable oil ¼ ...read more
How to Make Coffee Jelly Flan Overload in a CUP
https://youtu.be/Wn9qwqfa27o Ingredients 3 cups water 1 pack (25g) unflavored yellow gelatin powder 1 big can (300ml) ...read more