- 1 pound beef short ribs (4 meaty ribs)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 5 cloves of peeled garlic, minced
- ¼ cup worth minced onion and 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon rice syrup (or sugar)
- 1 tablespoon honey (or sugar)
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 large bulb green onions (optional), washedbeef-ribs
For garnish (optional):
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- shredded red pepper
- Rinse the beef ribs in cold water to remove any blood or bone fragments. Strain and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place the ribs on the cutting board, bone side down. Take a sharp kitchen knife and cut the meat on each rib into small pieces, scoring, pounding with the knife and mincing. Try to keep as much meat attached to the bone as you can. Anything that comes off, put back on the bone as you mince.
- beef-short-ribstteokgalbi (떡갈비)tteokgalbi (떡갈비)
- Shape the meat on the bone into a rectangle, bone down. Place the ribs into an oven safe pan or grill.tteokgalbi (떡갈비)
- Combine soy sauce, garlic, onion, rice syrup, honey, and sesame oil in a bowl. Chop up the light green part of a green onion (keep the green part for a garnish later), add it to the bowl, and mix well.
- Spoon some onions and garlic from the sauce and massage it into each rib. Mix it in well with your fingers so it marinates. Keep some of the liquid of the sauce for later, but use all the garlic and onions in it.tteokgalbi_seasoning-saucetteokgalbi (떡갈비)
- If you like to grill green onions, mix them with a few drops of vegetable oil and a pinch of salt. Place them in a pan.
- Preheat the oven, setting to broiler for 5 minutes.
- Place the tteokgalbi and green onion in the oven. Cook for 10 minutes.tteokgalbi_broil
- Remove them from the oven and pour out the rendered fat and oil. Add the rest of the sauce and cook for a few minutes over high heat, scooping the sauce on the bottom overtop of the tteokgalbi. Turn it over and cook for a few more minutes until thoroughly cooked.grilled-green-onions tteokgalbi (떡갈비)tteokgalbi (떡갈비)
- Garnish with chopped green onion, sesame seeds, and shredded red pepper. Serve right away.
Source : Maangchi
Easy Related Posts
How to Cook Papaitan(Beef Tripes ) Recipe
https://youtu.be/kQkcCwwCTAw Ingredients: Beef tripes and beef trimmings (boiled) Slice Ginger, Chili and Bay leaf Slice Onion ...read more
Pork and Beef Adobo with Beef Liver
Ingredients: 1 kilo beef1 kilo pork1/2 kilo beef liver1 clove garlic, minced2 cup wateratchueteground black peppersalt ...read more
King Cut Ribeye Steak Recipe
INGREDIENTS: 4 tablespoons olive oil divided Sea Salt Cracked black pepper 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped ...read more
Making tapa from scratch is easy and delicious, your family will want to eat this ...read more