For the caramel:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 c water
For the custard:
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1 can evaporated milk
For the cake
- 5 egg yolks
- 2 1/4 c cake flour
- 3/4 c sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 3/4 c of water with any flavoring, mocha or orange juice (I used vanilla)
For the meringue
- 8 egg whites
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 c sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a heavy sauce pan, combine sugar and water. Do not stir. On medium heat, caramelize sugar until it turns golden brown. Immediately pour it over a 9 inch baking pan. Set aside.
- For the custard:Mix all ingredient together. Stir lightly using a whisk. Strain and pour it over to the caramelized pan. Set aside.
- For the cake:Sift together all the dry ingredients. Beat the eggs and gradually add the dry ingredients and the flavored water. Set aside.
- For the meringue: Using a stand mixer , beat the eggs whites until fluffy and add cream of tartar and continue to beat until soft peaks begin to form. Gradually add sugar and continue beating until it becomes stiff.
- Fold the cake mixture into meringue mixture, until it is well blended. Make sure to eliminate any bubbles in the process.
- Slowly pour into the pan. Bake in a baine marie for about an hour or until firm. Let it cool. Run a knife around the pan and turn it upside down.
Easy Related Posts
Easy and Moist Chocolate Crinkles
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0kITrzvPR4 Ingredients: 1 cup firmly packed Brown sugar 2 Large eggs 1/8 cup Vegetable oil ¼ ...read more
Milo Turon Recipe
https://youtu.be/u0DZPQtHx4g Ingredients: 5 – 10 pcs. Banana 1 Sachet Milo 10 – 20pcs. Lumpia Wrapper Oil ...read more
Cookies and Cream Fudge Recipe
Ingredients: Pack of Oreo Cookies 500 grams of white chocolate 1 can of condensed milk Cooking ...read more
Best step to make Macaroni Chicken Salad
One of the favorite appetizer of Filipinos is Chicken Macaroni Salad. ...read more