- 1 kilo whole cleaned, innards removed, chicken
- 500 ml. tap water
- 100 ml. Sprite or 7-Up
- 10 ml. cane vinegar
- 5 grams salt
- 2 grams MSG (optional)
- 3 grams cracked black pepper
- 3 grams dried thyme
- 2 grams nutmeg powder
- 2 grams coriander powder
- 2 grams Spanish paprika powder
- 3 grams garlic powder
- 3 grams onion powder
- Oven toaster with rotisserie Oven toaster skewer Stainless wire or thick tying thread Meat thermometer
- Combine all ingredients of marinade. Tumble well to dissolve solids.
- In ref or chiller (NOT FREEZER), marinate chicken overnight.
- With little massaging, tumble every 6 hours to effect full flavor absorption.
- Mix all ingredients of meat rub. Toss and tumble well for optimum blend.
- Without overly draining, coat chicken thoroughly with meat rub covering all parts-outside and inside.
- Screw on chicken unto skewer. Tighten and secure well as chicken will be cooked while rotating. If need be, use stainless steel wires or thick thread to fasten legs well unto skewer. Wedge skewer unto rotisserie slots. Set to lowest temperature and cooking time first. Test if rotating.
- Check if heating rods up & down are ON.
- All ok, re-set oven toaster to 170-175 deg. C (338-347 deg. F).
- Roast/toaster for 45 minutes OR until internal temperature of chicken on its middle part of legs (where blood is usually evident ) is 85 deg. C
- Once desired INTERNAL temp is reached, DONE. Be glad to have a toastered chicken with light to dark brown skin outside, ultra aromatic, juiciest poultry with zero blood coagulation inside that you’ve ever cooked. CAREFUL. TOASTER IS HOT. ENJOY.
Recipe Submitted by Mr. Jose Dante S. Morados. Visit his blog at This Gramp is a Food Critic
Easy Related Posts
Chicken Adobo Sa Gata Recipe
Adobong Manok sa Gata is a version of Filipino Chicken Adobo that includes coconut milk. ...read more
Homemade Max Style Fried Chicken
https://youtu.be/RFNTWQcDjU0 Ingredients: 1 whole of Chicken 10 pcs. Calamansi 5 stem of Lemon grass 1 pc ...read more
https://youtu.be/r3RBrnSQ80Y Ingredients. Chicken wings cut into half. Flour for breadings 2 pcs calamansi 1 tbsp salt ...read more
How to Cook Original Filipino Chicken Adobo without Vinegar
https://youtu.be/7MwjGM0SpXw Ingredients ½ kilo of chicken ¼ cup soy sauce 3 pcs. Calamansi juice ½ cup ...read more