For the casserole:
- 6 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 6-8 slices leftover bread
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup blueberries
- 6 eggs, beaten well
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch salt
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
For the topping:
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 cup blueberries
- dash cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons butter
- Spread the cream cheese thickly on half of the bread slices. Top with the remaining bread slices to make “sandwiches”. Cut the sandwiches into 1 inch cubes. (Freezing the sandwiches for a few minutes makes this easier).
- Spray a 9×13 baking dish lightly with vegetable spray. Place half of the bread cubes in the dish. Sprinkle the 3/4 cup blueberries over the bread, then place the rest of the bread cubes over top.
- Beat the eggs, cinnamon, vanilla and salt together. Pour over the bread mixture. Cover with plastic wrap, pressing down on the mixture. Refrigerate overnight.
- Next morning, remove the dish from the fridge for 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 375 F, remove the plastic wrap and cover with foil. Bake 35 minutes covered. Remove the foil, then bake another 20-25 minutes until lightly browned, and the egg is set. Meanwhile, In a medium saucepan, mix together the sugar, corn starch, cinnamon, vanilla, syrup and water. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Add the 1 cup of blueberries. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in the butter.
- Serve the sauce warm alongside the french toast.
Source : Vermont Cookie
Easy Related Posts
No Bake Choco Peanut-Butter Cookies Recipe
Cookies are perfect, bite-sized snacks you can bring anywhere – to work, school, or just ...read more
New Recipes (Easy Bake Puto Bumbong)
https://youtu.be/WGMaZEPHOh8 Ingredients: ½ kilo of Glutinous Flour 2 tbsp. violet food color 1 and 1/2 cup ...read more
Easy and Moist Chocolate Crinkles
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0kITrzvPR4 Ingredients: 1 cup firmly packed Brown sugar 2 Large eggs 1/8 cup Vegetable oil ¼ ...read more
How to Make Coffee Jelly Flan Overload in a CUP
https://youtu.be/Wn9qwqfa27o Ingredients 3 cups water 1 pack (25g) unflavored yellow gelatin powder 1 big can (300ml) ...read more